That made us laugh as Dad pulled me into a hug. "And I expect you both to actually dress up." I groaned out loud to which he paid no attention to and sent us off to our rooms at once.

And now here I am, waiting near the dais, holding hands with a boy who I'm glad to have met. Keith's eyes crinkled as he smiled at me, looking gorgeous as ever in his black-and-white formal suit, topped with a bow tie.

He leaned in,"You look pretty.", leaving me red. "Y-y-you too." I stammered, as he chuckled. "You don't call a guy pretty, you know that."

"Well, that's because you're a girl."

"Then that makes you a lesbian."

"What the-" I was cut off by his soft lips on mine again, as he moved slowly, with passion. He stopped just as slow and felt him smile against me. What was he trying to do, turn me into a beet?

"You still feel nervous around me, so cute." He went back to his arrogant self. I covered my smirk as I rolled my eyes and smacked him playfully. He feigned hurt, "Oww!"

Dad silenced us, turning our attention to Gabriel who'd taken the stage.

"And I now welcome, the two people who are the reason we're present here, Azlyn and Chavez!"

We were nudged forward and came into our view were the hundreds of beings, jumping up and down as if they were in a club and their fists were high in the air. Few nodded at us with a silent smile, few sent us flying kisses. They looked fairly normal, the only difference being that we knew they weren't.

We took the centre of the stage as an elderly lady staggered towards us, followed by Marjorie holding two purple velvet pillows. The old lady stopped in front of me, flashing me a sweet and comforting smile as her hands found a thin platinum tiara, with a single blue crystal in the between accompanied by silver branches. I stooped down as she placed it carefully over my head, someone opened a party popper as streamers and confetti flew all around.

She placed a bit thicker platinum tiara with a red gem on Keith's head, as he mirrored my actions and even the surroundings did. She whispered to us both, "I will thank God everyday for the two of you." We smiled back, as she staggered away.

Dad delivered a heart touching speech, there was this part when he was like he knew I was capable of all this feats and someone from the crowd shouted out that he died before I was even five. I expected him to get angry, instead, he laughed loudly and nodded in agreement, not prior finishing that,"... She's everything I always thought she'd be and I'm damn proud of her. Keith, better take good care of my little star, will you?"

Keith responded with something that sounded like a 'Certainly, sir' and I smiled at the scene.

The ceremony obviously went on gleefully and it ended too fast. It was time for us both to go, only after Dad promising us that we'd come back soon. "Go study like normal kids do." He cackled, making us frown. Somehow, I felt that he was a very lonely person, and I told him that I would bring mom next time.

He reacted as his eyes went wide, "What? You'll kill her and get her soul here?" I got lost in peals of laughter. Clearly my dumbness was inherited. Ouch.

"No, I'll get her here in her living flesh. Then, I'll make everything seem like a dream when we get back. God filled me in on that power." I grinned skyward, not realising that we're actually not on earth.

"That reminds me, it's been three days since you disappeared. Your mom must be so worried that she might've called the police! You guys need to hurry!"

"Oh, that's just going to be a nightmare to her." I raised an eyebrow, showing off my power, of course.

He chuckled and pulled me into a tight hug.

Keith looked at me with his hands outstretched, "Ready?"

I held them and sighed, looking at everyone for the last time. Nah, I'll be back. With a bang.

Okay, let's not dwell on how wrong that sounds.

"Ready."
________________________________________
Author's Note:

I'm literally crying now. I have this habit of falling in love with my characters, and now that they're gone. :'(

VOTE|COMMENT|FAN

Cheers! xoxo

Affi ❤️