"yeah i saw the news a few month ago. brutal. and is this the young man you threw debby out for?" laura gestures to tyler, and josh nods. "good. never liked her. she was too.. perky. perky is for breasts not personalities."

"mom!"

"alright, alright. your name is?" laura asks tyler who hadn't spoken the whole interaction.

"tyler."

"well tyler, nice to meet yo- oh! what happened to your face, dear? josh, i swear if you hurt hi-"

"momma, i didn't. his brother elbowed his jaw."

"families these days. always fighting about something. lets get some food in you two, you look starving. jordan! get their coats!" a boy appears and takes their coats, bumping joshs fist.

"tyler, this is jordan, my brother."

"nice to meet you." the boy, jordan, smiles and holds his hand out and tyler takes it, shaking it.

josh pulls tyler along, a last smile to jordan before walking behind laura to a table right beside the large window.

"call me laura by the way, tyler." she adds to tyler before patting his back gently and walking away.

"your family is nice."

"that wasn't half of my family. i still have two sisters and a father. ashley is probably waitressing right now and abby is in new york for college. dad is probably back in the kitchen."

"we both have big families. weird." tyler mentions.

"josh!" a girl, ashley tyler presumes, says happily as she walks over to the table. "been a while, huh big shot? got a million bucks you can loan me?"

josh chuckles and shakes his head. "sorry, sis. no can do."

ashley's face saddens but brightens up as she notices tyler.

"you dating my brother?" she questions bluntly.

"yeah i am." tyler answers, a slight awkward tone.

"i'm sorry tyler, ashley can be rather blunt and invasive at time."

"sorry. what would you like today?"

"we'll have dads special." josh orders for the both of them "tell him i'm here, too." josh yells after ashley and she merely does a peace sign in response.

laura reappears with two glasses of water, two wine glasses and a bottle of wine under her arm.

"let me help you." tyler offers, grabbing the water glasses and placing them in front of him and josh.

"thank you, tyler." laura smiles as she finally gets the glasses settled and starts pouring the wine.

she smiles before walking away once more.

"whats your dads special?" tyler questions after a moment of comfortable silence.

"its ravioli lasagna. its like layers of ravioli with meat sauce and cheese. its great. i eat it every time i come here."

"sounds fattening." tyler points out before adding, "i love it."

josh smiles at tyler and his eyes sweep over every gorgeous imperfection on his face from his pretty nose to his bright red lips to his cheekbones and josh couldn't forget his eyelashes.

those damn eyelashes, dusting over top his high cheekbones every time he blinks or drifts off to sleep in joshs arms.

and by god, if tyler wasn't perfect to josh.