Chapter One: Not all red marks are mosquito bites

 "Ahahahaha! Hahahaha!" Sakamoto laughed, watching you blush from his compliments. "Ah~it's such a waste that a beauty like you are stuck in a Joui War though. After this, how about you and me go off to space to explore the galaxy, eh? If it's such a pretty face riding on my ship, I'm sure the others won't mind, how about it?"

"Uh, ah-" Confused and embarrassed by the attention Sakamoto was giving you, you looked around for help, but Gintoki and the others were nowhere to be seen.

"Ahahahahaa. Don't be so stiff, [y/n] was it? Ruins a cute face. Come on smile a bit more!" Sakamoto touched the corners of your mouth and gently lifted them up. "See? Beautiful! Such a great smile. Here, drink some more!"

"Oh, t-thank you." Your face was feeling hotter. "Um, Sakamoto-"

"Tatsuma!" He tapped your head. "We're already good friends, right? Call me Tatsuma!"

"T-tatsuma-"

Sakamoto whistled. "Ahahahahaha! That's nice, having a beauty call me by my first name~ Ahahahaha! Hahahahaha! Right, Zura?"

"Zura ja nai, Katsura da!" Katsura immediately responded. "Anyways, I've already known [y/n]'s beautiful ever since I met her eight years ago! It's nothing new to me!"

"Eh? Ko-kotarou?" Your face turned a darker shade of red. Tryin to hide your embarrassment, you drained your whole cup, looking away from Katsura to get seconds.

"Ah." Seeing your reaction, Katsura seemed to notice what he said and blushed. "N-no, I didn't mean, I mean she's pretty, but , not in a weird way, l-like not, ah-"

"Ahahahaha, ahahahaha!" Throwing his arm over Katsura's shoulder, Sakamoto said cheerily, "Nothing to worry about, Zura! [y/n] right here is one beauty alright. Ahahahaha!"

"Zura ja nai, Katsu-"

"Anyways, [y/n], about the space exploration thing, think about it, eh?" Cutting Katsura off, Sakamoto tugged on your arm, causing you to crash into him lightly, spilling some sake onto your kimono.

"Oh, I'm sorry-"

"If you wanted somebody to snuggle with, you could've just said so! Ahahahaha! You're one funny girl, [y/n]!" Sakamoto picked you up as if you weighed nothing and set you on his lap. "This is okay, right?"

"Eh-"

"Good!" Sakamoto drank his sake happily, ignoring whatever you were trying to say. "So I've been wondering....."

"...Yes?" His happy-go-lucky attitude was replaced by a serious one.

"Whose woman are you? Kintoki's? Takasugi's? Or Zura's?"

".........Eh?"

Sakamoto continued on. "At first I thought you were definitely going out with Kintoki. But last week, I saw Takasugi taking you into the baths. And this morning, I saw Zura playing with your hair while you were snuggling against him." He scratched his chin. "I've been wondering for a while-"

"I-it's not like that!" You jumped off of Sakamoto's lap and shook your head vigorously. "Our relationship isn't like that at all! They're just friends! Like, like-"

"Just friends?" Katsura looked at you in shock. "Was I the only one who thought we were more than that?"

"Wha-"

"I thought I was something a little more special to you." Katsura crossed his arms. "Or was that just my narcissistic side talking to me?"

"Kotarou-"