08 ➳ the savior

As I ventured out into the darkness I knew that I had a leg up on anyone else trying to find the psycho because I already knew where he was. I could hear the subway cars moving in the background of his broadcasted video and I am so used to the dark interior of the subway cars that I would know them anywhere.

After my parents died I wanted a place I could go to just get away from the world and be with my thoughts. I didn't really want to talk to Roy about them, in fear of him thinking I was a wimp, so instead I just spoke them, and sometimes screamed them, at the dark rusty walls of the subway cars. And what better place to get off the map than in an abandoned subway car below everyone's feet? I guess psycho 'savior' had the same idea.

Since I've been out of practice for a while, and the cut on my side was still healing, the trek to the gates of the subway took more time than I'd hoped. However I had yet to get another video message so I assumed it was safe.

I quickly picked the rusty lock on the gates and slipped in, shutting the large metal entrance slowly and quietly behind me. As I slipped down the damp concrete stairs I felt a slight vibration in my back pocket. Hoping that it was a mere 'where are you' text from Roy, or even Sam, I grabbed the device and observed the bright screen. A small green notification at the top read:

Unknown Number

Video attached

Shit.

I took a deep breath and brace myself before opening the message. What I saw almost made me scream, but I bit my tongue and kept quiet. On my screen was probably my biggest nightmare. Roy was tied up and bruised with a slight wooziness about him. His nose was dripping blood and he hung almost limp from two bars connected to his wrists by thick wraps of silver duct tape. My blood began to boil with fury and fear, this can't be happening, Roy doesn't deserve this kind of punishment. As the savior began to speak I cringed, his low computerized voice was the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard to my ears. I could barely hear due to the gravely audio caused by being underground, but I could make out the savior as he asked Roy to list off reasons why he should be spared. A spark of hope sizzled within me and I viewed this as an extra frame of time to find and take down this bastard.

I raced to the subway cars I knew so well, but froze when I could hear Roy's voice echoing, not only through the speakers of my phone, but through the thin sheet metal walls of the subway car in front of me.

"Go on" Roy spoke "Kill me. No one's going to miss me. I'm just waste." His words were like daggers in my chest that twisted with every word, tearing my flesh from the inside out and begging for more pain.

"No one's going to miss me"

How dare he. How dare this asshole be so selfish to volunteer himself like a lamb to the slaughter when he very well knows that someone would miss him. That I  would miss him. When he knows that he is the only thing keeping my broken and tarnished self in one respectable, sane, piece. If Roy was gone, I don't think I could handle life anymore, especially in such as cruel a place as the Glades. He knows this, of course he knows this. I mean how could he not, after all those nights of me shaking and screaming due to night terrors, only to be soothed by his comforting embrace. After all those panic attacks, and reckless actions that only he was able to save me from. Only he is able to protect me from myself, and not even Sam could compare to the level of necessity that Roy falls under.

All this fury burst out of me as I barged into the subway car without a second thought, lunging straight for the man who was prepared to kill my best friend, my Roy. However, what I was not expecting was that the new vigilante hot shot would jump in the ring to join me. His sudden presence caught me off guard just long enough for the savior to pack a strong punch into the side of my jaw. I let out a loud groan and sent a glare to the green vigilante for just a moment before getting back on my feet to fight.  Grabbing my ring daggers from the side of my shoes I was able to manage a clean, deep, cut across the side of the savior's face, which bought me a second to slice the duct tape from Roy's arms.

"GO!" I shouted, ignoring the realization in his sparkling blue eyes at the familiarity of my voice. Quickly I turned back around to face my opponent as the green man aided Roy in escaping, but what came as a surprise to me was the sudden gunshot the rang in the air and the burning sensation that pierced through my left shoulder. I let out a scream and grabbed my arm, and I heard Roy yell just before the green man successfully pushed him out of the car.

My vision became blurry as dark spots clouded my eyes. I tried to stand and fight but my body disagreed with my actions as I fell limp to the ground and smashed my head against the harsh metal. The last thing I remember is being lifted from the cold ground by a pair of strong arms before I fell into the darkness of unconsciousness.

➴➶➴➶➴

HEY DOODS, long time no speak. I know that I haven't updated in what seems like a millennium, however I was in a writing mood today so I decided to write this chapter up. I know it's a bit short and I apologize if it sucks, I'm a bit rusty, but I hope you enjoyed this.

I cannot promise any more updates because my life has been very unexpected lately, especially with college applications, however I hope that maybe I will start to write again more, not only for myself but for y'all. You are all so fantastic and I thank you so so so so so much for your support and for sticking with me :)

So, vote/comment if you enjoyed this chapter

I love y'all!

Xoxo Cara oxoX