Middle Of My Mind

[Lily]
I got home and turned on some music while making myself dinner. I made pasta with red sauce, my favorite. I sat down on the couch and my phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I said. "Hey uh, is this Miss Lily Rabe's number? I looked at the schools website and I found your number." The voice said, they sounded like they had been crying. "Um yeah, this is my cell number. Who's calling?" I said a bit concerned and started to pace my living room. "Uh.. Um, it's Sarah Paulson, your student from senior English. Sorry I just um, I'm having a panic attack and I don't know what to do, it's never been- this bad" She said and let out a deep breath. "Oh okay um, do you want me to pick you up or something? I can walk over to your house." I suggested and started to grab my bag. "Yeah, just don't knock on my door, I'm climbing out my window." What what? Climbing out her window, why?

"Okay Sarah I'm walking there right now." "Can you stay on the phone with me?" She asked. "Of course." I started to her house and heard a thump. Sarah walked over to me shaking, and in tears. "I-I'm sorry I'm a mess right now but things got- things got pretty bad at home. My parents were fighting and-" Her tears took over and I pulled her to me, letting her collapse in my arms. "It's okay hon, we can talk about it when we get to my house." I said and we walked to my house.

We sat down and she started to calm down a bit. "So can you tell me about um, why you had a panic attack?" I asked. She nodded. "My um, my parents fight a lot and sometimes it gets a bit physical." She said and played with her thumbs. "Shit, I'm sorry Sarah, do you wanna sleep here tonight?" I asked. "I-Sure, thank you." "No problem, do you want dinner?" I asked and got up. "Yes please, thanks." I went to my kitchen and got a bowl of pasta. I handed it to her and she ate a little bit.

That's when I realized, she's so damn skinny. We both ate dinner and watched some Netflix, then got ready for bed. "Uh, I don't have pajamas.." Sarah said and laughed a bit. "I'll go get you some, hold on." I ran to my room and grabbed an oversized tee. I handed it to her and she went to the bathroom to change.

She came back and smiled. "Thanks, Miss- I mean Lily." "No problem. Oh I um, I don't have another bedroom, so you don't mind sleeping in my bed right? I'll sleep on the couch." "We can both sleep in it, I don't mind." She said scratched her neck. I nodded and we went and laid down.

I had a hard time getting to sleep but Sarah was out like a light. Somehow Sarah had ended up cuddling into my waist, which I thought was adorable. I started counting back from 100, and it seemed to do the trick. I drifted off to sleep.

---
[Sarah]
Lily's alarm buzzed and I knew it was time to get up. Lily was still sleeping so I gently unwrapped myself from her waist and started getting dressed. Why must I be such a cuddler?  I pulled the big tee off and walked around her house trying to find my clothes. "There you are" I said and quickly put my clothes on. I heard pattering sounds behind me and saw Lily. "Morning hon, sleep well?" She said and smiled. I nodded and brushed my hair with my fingers.

Lily ate breakfast, and she drove us to school. She looked really beautiful when she was focused. Teacher, Sarah. Teacher. I mentally scolded myself and continued staring at her. We got to school and walked in, I of course was early. I put my things in my locker and hung out with Lily until first period. "See you later Lily" I said and grabbed my bag. "See you later Sarah, have fun" she said and I walked to first class.