Day 2: Names

(A/N: It's been so looong! Here's an update~ Note that updates for this book will be reeeaally slow. *sweats* But to assure you, this book is alive. o7 Enjoy reading!)

It was probably the most awkward and inappropriate way to extend one's knowledge about love and dating, but it was the only thing Shikamaru knows that would actually work at some point. It might not be a hundred percent sure, but he was sure his friends would be. They know something... I think. "So, what was wrong?" Chouji asked, mouth munching his potato chips.

Being such a nosy but prettiest blonde shinobi of Konoha, Ino was into gossips especially when it comes to the progress of Shikamaru and Temari's relationship. She was the most updated since she's a part of Shikamaru's team and the person Shikamaru indirectly asks of what a woman usually wants. "What did you call both of us here for?"

"Well..," the genius glanced to the side for a bit, then finally returned it to his friends. "I just want to know how most dates go by."

Upon hearing this just made Ino form a mischievous smirk on her lips, Chouji stopped from eating. There was silence until the two comically went closer to Shikamaru in a matter of seconds, their faces close to his. This allowed the smart guy to move his head backwards a bit to avoid any physical contact of his face with theirs. A sweat drop appeared at the right temple of the lad then after. "It's... It's nothing serious."

"It is something serious, Shikamaru!" Said Ino, slamming both of her hands on the wooden table.

Chouji nodded. "I agree with Ino. It is, now that you're asking for something so unusual," slowly, a rather suspicious smile carved itself on his lips. "Is this about Temari of Suna?"

"Don't be such an idiot, Chouji," harshly commented the blonde. "There was no woman linked to Shikamaru but her. Of course, it's Temari!"

From what she said, Chouji's smile carved downwards. But then regained it.

"So, the question is: how most dates go by. It actually depends," Ino leaned on the chair she was sitting on. "If you're making something romantic for Temari-"

"It's not Temari!" Snapped Shikamaru, small blushes on his cheeks.

"Oh, come on. We've been seeing you two spend time together. I can't be wrong; it is Temari."

Chouji nodded again.

"Well, we are assigned to deliver the documents needed for both of the villages. That's why we are spending time with each other lately," he said, facial expression returned to his usual one.

A small smirk formed at both Ino and Chouji's lips. "So, I'm pretty sure you don't need information about how dates would go if you two are just together to deliver some documents...right?"

The genius was taken aback. The knowledge Ino and Chouji has for this kind of topic was something he couldn't trace. To get out of it, the only statement Shikamaru told them was "So, how does it go?" without sounding so obvious, and changing his expression.

"If you are for normal dates, what you and Temari do whenever you deliver documents are the most normal thing I could think of. If it is for something romantic, you have to put a lot of effort for it--give her flowers, chocolates, surprises... But of course, for normal dates, you still have to do something to make the ordinary day special," suggested the blonde.

Shikamaru scratched his cheek using his pointer finger. "So... How can I make the ordinary day special?"

"How about being honest of your feelings for her?"

"Wh-"

"Show the affection she needed. Show what you had been holding back all these years. Also, don't forget the pet names."

As Ino was talking, Chouji was nodding in agreement.

"Though Temari had grown in a different surrounding which made her what she is now, I'm pretty sure small, romantic surprises would allow her to reveal her soft side. She might be scary, but she's definitely still a woman, Shikamaru," the lass crossed her arms over her chest, a smile of how proud she was to herself was carved on her lips. "If you need our aid-"

"No. I can do it on my own."

Both Chouji and Ino snapped back to reality, eyes widened in surprise.

Shikamaru turned away, a smile was on his lips. "Effort, right?" Then walked off.

His friends' eyes were locked on him in awe whilst watching him go. "Shikamaru had grown..."

"More like Shikamaru finally fell in love," corrected Chouji.

"Well, that works too."

So... Pet names, huh?

---

The date would have to wait. I need to plan first so it wouldn't bore her or anything. The man mentally ruffled his hair in annoyance. What am I thinking? Temari wouldn't even... As he spoke to himself, memories of Temari grinning at him and showing him her softest side flashed in her mind. This made the lad blush a bit. Geez, whatever. I'd just do whatever my mind and body tells me to. I can't believe love can make you look completely stupid.

"Hey, Temari," he called almost as if no expressions at all. But deep inside, he was happy he didn't had to go through all those walks just to find her.

All Temari did was glance at him and wait for whatever he would be needing.

Effort, huh? I guess I should start with... "What would you like to be called?"

The Suna shinobi's brows furrowed in question. "What do you mean?"

"Like, uh, a special name when your lover calls you."

". . . Huh?"

"I mean, like those sweetie, honey, cupcake things...," with such embarrassment, Shikamaru scratched the back of his head and looked away.

"Temari."

"What?"

"Temari is fine. If I would to have a lover, I'd prefer to be called Temari. I would love to be called as the person I am, no need for pet names. Besides... It sounds off for you to be calling me honey or of some sort."

"That question was for a friend."

Temari was put to silence.

"A few exceptions for the person you love would be fine," he sighed. "But if you'd like me to call you 'mine', that might suit as well," said Shikamaru.

She was taken aback; the only question that propped in her mind, and was able to be expressed was...

"...Did you just confess?"