(Chapter 7) Ruled by Secrecy

Start from the beginning

       "GIVE US THE TRUTH, NOW." Brendon tried to fight back, he replaced  the words with screams. He heard loud and painful ringing in his ears, he heard a voice that wasn't familiar to him, "GIVE US THE TRUTH, NOW."
Brendon cried and yelled, "I– I w-was high. I was w-with a friend." He was starting to gag, unable to hold back the words, "I drove that night. I'm– I'm the one who was high, the one who was driving." He looked at Tyler, "I'm the one!"
Tyler didn't respond and sat back, needing to process everything. Josh, still being invisible, lifted up the syringe, "Court...is now dismissed."

       Jenna looked up, seeing the syringe float in midair. She tugged Tyler's jacket, "What's that in the witness stand?" Tyler looked and saw the floating needle. He quickly got up to warn the people up front, then the needle got Brendon in his neck. Josh made sure he injected the liquid into the windpipe. Everyone got up in urgency when they saw Brendon with a syringe on his neck. Tyler stood there staring, "Where did that come from." Once Brendon was giving in, Josh took out the syringe and threw him to the floor. He jumped up and broke the lights, everything was very dark and people were screaming.

Josh carved something on the witness stand with the syringe. Everyone was against the doors and walls, desperate to get out. Tyler held Jenna's hand and tried to push the crowd to get closer to the door, "Don't let go of my hand, do you understand?"
Jenna grips his hand harder, "Yes." Frank helped the judge to the office behind the courtroom and called Mikey, who was outside of the building for security. Dallon was shouting
at everyone to shut up.

[e]
Josh started to laugh maniacally, "I did it! I killed him, Tyler! Just like I promised!" He smiled.

       Frank found a flashlight in the office and went back in the courtroom. He turned the flashlight towards where everyone was, "Quiet down, please! Quiet down, please!" The screaming quieted down, "Everyone, stay calm." Josh flew over and broke the doors and walls open, all the people ran out like cockroaches. Tyler sped-walked, for the sake of his and Jenna's safety from being trampled, but they were constantly being pushed. Josh flew over to where they were, Jenna was pushed down to the floor, "Jenna!" Tyler tried to reach down for her, but he was being pushed forward. It was like a current. Josh, with all his force, pushed everyone around Tyler and Jenna, so they were able to run out. He carried Jenna the rest of the way out of the building while Josh watched over them.

Mikey ran inside once he heard what happened, he met Frank halfway towards the destroyed courtroom. They saw the wall was torn down, so they're able to see all of the room just from outside the hall, everyone was getting up from being pushed. Dallon was inside the office. Frank looked to the left of the room and Mikey looked to the right. Dallon got out and looked around. He spotted the witness stand and pointed, "Guys..."

Mikey and Frank walked towards him.
They saw Brendon lying there and "YOU'RE WELCOME" carved on the wood.

Later, Tyler and Jenna were home safely. Josh was left behind at the city, he watched all the people he pushed get taken cared of by the ambulance that was called. He watched when everyone left and the policemen put caution tape around the mess. Josh walked inside the courtroom and heard talking. He got closer to where it was coming from and listen.
The cops were at the judge's office, trying to explain everything the best they could, "We couldn't find any evidence, sir. We searched for fingerprints on this syringe, but nothing was found." Mikey said, putting the syringe on the desk, "It may be a threat to the city or maybe the entire island–"

Frank looked at him, "What if it was..."
"What?" The judge looked up from his desk.
Frank took off his hat and wiped the sweat on his forehead, "This sounds ridiculous, but I believe in ghosts, ever since I was a kid—"
Dallon rolled his eyes, "We're not interested in your childhood right now, we need to hear something useful about the situation."
"I'm just trying to say– what if it was the man who was killed by the crash?"
Dallon laughed, "You're saying that Josh is a spirit? Are you joking? Sorry, but I don't believe in mythical creatures like you do."

"I'm serious. Think about it, there was no one there when he collapsed. In addition, the lights broke, the walls were taken down and we found no evidence of explosives in order for that to happen."
The judge laughed and took off his glasses, "I highly doubt this pathetic dead ghost person had anything to do with this. Josh doesn't exist anymore, so you can keep your fairytales to yourself."
Josh, who was listening from the other side of the wall, was furious, "I'm real." He clenched his fists, "I'm real."

[e+k]
       At 9pm, the building closed. The judge was still in his office and Josh was still in the building. He opened the door, making the judge look back, "So you say I'm not real?" Josh slammed the door and the judge was startled. Josh looked around to see what he could do, he saw a door that led to a bathroom and an old radio on the desk. The judge heard the bathroom sink go on, then the light to the office broke. He turned around, but continued making his way into the bathroom. The drain to the sink was covered and the water was overflowing to the floor.

The radio was turned on by Josh, "Why do you build me up, buttercup baby..."
The judge flinched to the sudden sound. He looked behind him and saw Josh with the radio on his hands, "I heard you don't believe I exist." He dropped the radio on the wet floor, looking the judge in his eyes. The judge twitched, heat waves surrounded him. There was a buzzing noise that filled the room and the judge collapsed. Everything went quiet.

[e]
"Joshua." Josh heard a familiar voice, "Nigel."
"Come outside."
Josh left the bathroom and spotted a window in the office, which leaded to the ocean. He flew out, "Nigel?"
"Joshua, where have you been?"
"I found the man who killed me, in case you didn't know." Josh stayed silent, "I have killed him."
"You have, now?"
"Yes, and another."
"Who?"
"The judge who was in court. He was... rude."
"So, that's all? You've done it? Well, this is just the beginning, Joshua. You still need to turn back to human."
"I know."

Josh's flying died down, he slowly went down to the ocean. He gently laid his back in the water. He giggled to himself and he began to laugh maniacally again, "You should've seen the look on his face when I stuck the needle in his throat, Nigel!"