Me (A Lughnas Starke POV)

Cold. So fucking cold.

  I ain't even talkin' 'bout the weather. Just the atmosphere. The way them elf fucks treated the people. It was like they was animals being whipped and roared at. Elves are bastards.

  'Cept Luka. Luka's alright. He's real quiet, so he don't bother no one. I never actually 'eard him talk until the day that Pajmarita turned up.

  It is cold here, though. Windy and rainy. I stay with Seanka, and the fire is constantly going. Not like she needs it, though.

  Me and Seanka've known each other for about ten years. She tried to eat me once, when I was running through the woods in Lyskor. Some surprise for a ferret, being attacked by a big fucking black wolf barking and growling. She only let me go when I shifted back. She thought I was a vampire.

  She was sort of right. I am. Half. Only half. I hate being confused with the whole vampires. It's completely different.

  Sort of.

  I hate havin' a ferret for my Other. I mean, fuck. A ferret's hardly threatening and scary. I'd prefer a lion, but there ain't shit I can do about it, is there?

  Ezrane tells me that ferrets are cute, and I hate that. But I suppose it's not too back comin' from 'er.