Chapter 1

Location:Dicey cafe

(Y/n):At what point do you lose your grip on reality? When does virtualreality seem to real?

Kirito:Every reality is worth fighting for. You choose the reality feelsmore real then the others.

(y/n)just slams his head on the table he, kirito, and Klein are sitting atwhen Asuna, and Liz walk up.

Klein:I think you broke him...

Liz:wouldn't be the first time he has.

Kirito:HEY, I TIRED TO HELP HIM!

Klein:and... you failed.

Kirito:I don't see you helping him.

(y/n)slowly lifts his head up while also rubbing his face.

(y/n):He also hasn't broken me anymore then I already am.

Liz:That doesn't sound depressing at all.

Jason:Hey there is the rest of my favorite group.

Kirito:Oh! hey Jason, looks like you got the job here.

Jason:Yeah, Agil gave it to me when I told him I was a cook in SAO.

Agil:yes, but your sense of time needs some work. You're late again...

Jasonrubs the back of his head with an awkward smile on his face

Jason:hehe yeeeaaahhhh.... anyway, I heard your question and I'd say whenit doesn't feel like a game anymore and your life is really on theline, that's when virtual seems too real.

(y/n):Right, so that's what is was like in SAO for those two years?

Kirito:not all the time but deep down we all knew it was a matter of lifeand death.

Jason:still is to some people.

Jasoncleared his thought before he spaced out and he smiled again

Jason:your orders will be right up. I'll be back with refills and drinksfor the girls.

Hestarts to walk away but kisses Liz's head making her blush beforedisappearing out of sight.

Asuna:So (y/n) why are you asking what is was like in SAO?

(y/n):I met a few people in the last boss room I did and they were talkingabout what felt more real.

Asuna:oh that makes sense.

(y/n)looked down at his watch seeing it's getting late

(y/n):aw man, I got to go I need to do some more leveling in ALO before thenext raid is released.

Klein:alright man we'll be there when we're done here.

(y/n):Alright. Later guys.

Everyonesays their goodbyes as (y/n) leaves the cafe. He lifts up his hoodover his head as it begins to rain. The sounds of the city soften asthe rain picks up.

(y/n):of all times to pour down it had to be now.

????:hey kid.. where you going?

(y/n)looks around and sees a man walk out of a dark ally with an evilsmile and a coffin tattoo on his inner arm. (y/n) backs then turns torun away only to run into two more guys with the same tattoo.

????:it's not polite to run from someone who is talking to you. Now giveus all your cash and maybe we'll let you live... mostly.

(y/n):No.

theleader grabs (y/n) and tosses him into a nearby wall then pins (y/n)to it by the neck.

Leader:I'm sorry I didn't hear you.

(y/n):I. Said. NO!

(y/n)kicked the leader off him and into the arms of the other two guys

leader:oh your dead now you little shit!

Theleader takes out a knife out and his sadistic smile growls along withthe blood lust in his eyes. (y/n) eyes widen seeing the knife andturns running down the an ally. The three men give chase splittingapart going in different directions. As (y/n) runs he pulls boardsand trash cans down to slow down the man chasing him, as (y/n) looksback in frount of him and sees the ally way lead to a dead end butthen sees pipes and ledges on the side walls.

(y/n):I hope this works!

(y/n)starts running faster and jumps off a wooden box grabbing a pipe withone hand.

(y/n):oh shit! This seemed so much easier in the nerve gear!

Arock suddenly flew past (y/n) head then we looked he sees that theother two guys back and picking up rocks throw. (y/n) panics butreaches up and starts climbing up the wall. Finally he rolls onto theroof breathing heavily and lets the rain fall on him.

(y/n):Mirrors edge... for the win...

Leader:to bad it was for nothing.

(Y/n)'seyes widen and lighting strikes the sky he looks over at the leader'sgrin and a open door leading to stairs from the inside behind him.(y/n) quickly stands and backs away seeing no way to get past theinsane killer before him. What (y/n) doesn't notice is that he isbacking to close to the roof's edge. (y/n) looks back and down seeingthe fall.

Leader:no where left to go... BUT DOWN!

Before(y/n) can react he is pushed off the roof, as he falls he hits a flagpole on the way down with a loud bone crackling sound is heard beforehitting the ground and blacking out.