01 ↛ prom

[cyldo one shot #1]

"You're going to that dance!" Shelby says as she drags Cyd out of her bed.

"Do I have to?" Cyd complains.

"Yes. Now go put this dress on." Shelby says handing Cyd a purple dress.

Cyd sighed and made her way to the bathroom.

She would've gone to the dance voluntarily if Naldo wouldn't have had a date. But how could she argue, have you seen Naldo.

Anyone he'd ask would be lucky.

She quickly slipped on the dress and looked herself in the mirror.

Nice color. She thought. She walked out the bathroom and saw Shelby putting on black wedges on to match her pink dress.

"How do I look?" Cyd asked.

Shelby looked up and stood up. "You look great." Shelby compliments.

Cyd shrugs. "Here." Shelby says handing Cyd a white pair of pumps.

Cyd shakes her head. "No. I'm not wearing those." Cyd says. Shelby sighs.

"I'll make deal with you. You wear these and I'll do your chores for a week." Shelby says.

"Fine." Cyd says as she takes the shoes out of Shelby's hands.

Cyd slips on the shoes and stands up.

She walked around the room and to her surprise she didn't fall.

She walked to the mirror and curled her hair and put on a bit of make up.

Shelby then came up to her and she linked her arm with Cyd's.

"Ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be."

--------------------

"Come on, they're about to announce Prom king and queen." Shelby said excitedly as she dragged Cyd and Barry with her.

They walked to the front of the crowd and the head cheerleader of their school walked up onto the stage.

"Hey everyone! I hope you guys are having a great time! I'm Casey Lambert, the head cheerleader. I'm here to announce your prom king and queen." she says as she holds 2 envelopes in her perfectly manicured hand.

"The prom king is....Naldo Montoya!" she says into the microphone.

People clap and cheer and he walks up the stage to receive his crown.

Cyd wasn't a bit surprised to hear he won Prom King, I mean the dude is a chick magnet.

"And the prom Queen is....ME!" Casey said as she smiled widely, showing her perfect white teeth.

Again, this didn't surprise Cyd. Casey was the most hottest girl in school or as she was told by many boys, including Barry and Naldo.

People once again cheered and clapped as someone place a tiara on Casey's head.

Cyd sighed and walked away from Shelby and Barry.

She walked out into the corridor and sat at a table.

"Hey Cyd." She heard a voice. She turned towards the voice and a small smile made it's way to her lips.

There stood Naldo with a lopsided crown on his head.

"Hey Naldo." Cyd replied.

"Why are you out here? The dance is in there." he asks pointing at the gym doors.

"Shouldn't you be slow dancing with Casey?" she asks ignoring his question.

"No no. Answer my question first." he says moving closer towards Cyd.

"I don't know. Just thinking things." Cyd replies. Naldo takes a seat next to her.

"Now answer my question." Cyd says while lightly punching his shoulder.

"Nah, I didn't feel like slow dancing with her when I'd rather be dancing with someone else." he replies with a smile.

"Oh." is all Cyd can say as she feels her heart break.

Naldo grabs her hand and twirls her back into him.

"Naldo, what are you doing?" Cyd asks.

"Do you wanna come dance with me?" Naldo asks.

Cyd smiles. "There's no music." Cyd comments.

Naldo takes out his phone and plays a slow song.

Cyd laughs and takes his hand. "I don't know wether to tease you about you having a song like that on your phone." Cyd says.

Naldo smiles and he places his hands on her waist as Cyd wraps her arms around Naldo's neck.

They slow dance around the corridor without a distraction.

Naldo twirls Cyd around making her giggle.

Naldo then starts leaning in and Cyd immediately turns her head making his lips landing on her cheek.

She giggles then places her lips on his.

They pull apart and Cyd puts her head on Naldo's chest as they sway to the music.