.002

Chapter Two: The Stages.

When you go through a breakup there are always seven stages

When you go through a breakup there are always seven stages. Although this wasn't a break up I still felt like I needed to go through the stages so that's exactly what I did. Even though at the time I didn't know it was happening. People usually spent up to a week or two going through the stages. In this case I didn't have a week or two I had a little over twenty four hours. And so it was today that I became a total mess over a  simple life changing conversation. 

Stage 1: Shock

After walking out on Minnie I headed outside. At the moment I wasn't worried about the rain, but when I got outside I was soaked within a matter of seconds. I stopped walking and stood outside not knowing where I was going. Now that I was outside there was no point of going back inside, I would just drag water with me. I sigh before heading towards the black lake to sit.

I couldn't tell what I was feeling right now, which was very confusing  for me. I was always so sure of everything. Everyone of my decisions were made by me, I liked having that power over myself, over my life. But this decision was ripped from my grasp before I could even blink. One of the most important decisions of my life slipped right through my fingertips. Out of my grasp and I didn't know how I should feel about that.

Happy. Sad. Angry. Excited. Confused. Scared. Proud. 

None of those felt right. It felt like there was a empty hole that needed to be filled. With what? I don't know.

I don't know how long I have been out here, but it didn't really matter. I was fine. I'm fine staying out hear by myself in the pouring rain. I should stay here forever, just me and the giant squid. Now and Forever...

 I looked out into the dark abyss know as the Black Lake. I would have thought it was the wall that separated the end of time from the rest of the word if it wasn't for the patterns that rain made when it added to the water already in the lake. I suddenly had the odd urge to go jump into the water but I supressed it. I fell back my back coming in contact with the ground. I spread my arms out around me. I closed my eyes, and lay there in the rain doing nothing.

After a while I could hear someone faintly calling my name, but I choose to ignore it, assuming it was the voices it my head attempting to drive me mad.  When the yelling got louder I was convinced it wasn't my mind but I still didn't move. Not until I saw familiar green eyes in front  of me.

" Eve. What are you doing in the rain?" Harry asked squinting through rain splattered glasses. I looked at him for a couple of seconds before shaking my head and closing my eyes. " No Evelyn, don't ignore me. Lets go inside you'll get sick" he informed me pulling me to my feet. When I didn't reply he began to drag me inside. I unwillingly followed he, as he asked questions.

 But all I wanted right now is a cake. A chocolate cake.

Stage 2: Denial 

I was currently curled up in a armchair in the Gryffindor common room. After a lot of arguing, yelling, and showers I had finally gotten my cake.