Clockwork

A little girl sat in her room. Her messy brown hair was up in pigtails, as her hazel eyes stared at the door. She hugged her stuffed giraffe to her little body, and listening closely to the loud yells of her mother and father.

"I should have never had any damned kids!" screamed a loud deep voice. "All they do is make messes, complain, and draw on the walls-"

He was cut off by the higher angered voice of the girl's mother. "They're CHILDREN David! They don't know any better!"

"Oh fuck me, Marybeth! I DON'T want to hear your bullshit excuses! I've just about had enough of them!"

"Oh so what do you plan to do about it!?!"

The girl heard loud footsteps coming towards her room, She hugged her giraffe closer.

The door was violently opened and in the doorway stood her large, angry, overweight father. In one of his meaty hands, he held a large textbook.

"David, stop it!" screamed her mother, but the father ignored his wife's pleading cries. He grabbed the little girl by the collar, she screamed and kicked, trembling and shaking in fear. The girl's father harshly held up the textbook.

"This is for drawing on my wall's you little bitch!"

•••

Years later, the little girl, known as Natalie, was now 9 years old. Going through the stage of puberty, she was naturally a little chubby.

As usual she sat in her room watching TV. Her dad was ranting on about some economical crap she could really give less of a shit about, she also munched on some popcorn.

She was also currently drawing a picture. It had a bit of gore in it, but strangely, she really liked drawing blood. It gave her a strange satisfaction.

Other than that, multitasking was no problem for her. It became apparent to her at a young age, after having to do so much hard work and labor, that she was able to do so many things at once.

Drawing ended up being her talent and passion. It was her way of escaping reality, whenever something bad would rear it's ugly head and peer in, or simply when she was bored.

She suddenly heard the closing of her door, and looked to the left, there stood her brother Lucas; who was 14 years old.

"What is it?" She could still hear her father's yelling from outside the door.

"Dad scaring you?" he let out a chuckle.

"No way. I think we're both used of his yelling by now." there was a long pause. "So, why are you here?"

He seemed to play with his sleeves and twitch a bit.

"I have to ask you something." He trained his eyes on her. She frowned slightly, growing impatient with her brother interrupting her movie and drawing.

"What?"

He moved a little closer, "You said you wanted to be cool, and to grow up like a teenager, right?"

She nodded, suddenly slightly brightening up.

"Well, I have a offer."

"Just spit it out you dimwit!"

"...You know what...what guys and girls do sometimes together, right?"

The next day at school, Natalie did not say a word. She did not speak for the whole day. She didn't have anyone to speak to anyways.

Nobody could know. Nobody should know. And so, Nobody would know.

The teacher picked up on a few of her puzzled expressions, but she dismissed it as she just did not understand the lesson.