Bashful Beginings

I felt their eyes burning holes into my back, making my skin crawl. I knew I was in danger,
"Damn it. Why did I refuse an escort?! Because I'm stubborn and refuse help from anyone."
I look around the market place looking for someone who no one dare mess with,
"Him."
I saw a rather tall elf with hair whiter then a cloud in a sunny sky, it has a silvery tint to it which complemented his olive skin. The thing that made me choose him over all the others in this crowd was the fact he had a huge broadsword strapped to his back and was dressed in full armor... also everyone gave him a rather large bit of space, almost ten feet of room. I grabbed a piece of burnt wood an the paper which had a list of things I needed to get from the market, turned it over and wrote a brief message on it so he would understand, but I made it look like I was writing down more things to get.
I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm alone and being followed by people who will hurt me. May I walk with you?
I quickly put the note in my basket and dropped the stick to the ground, walking casually over to him looking at things and pausing to look at the wares merchants brought. He stood next to a weapon dealer and I walked up next to him engaging the merchant in small talk while stealthily slipping the man the note. He stood closer to me and I looked up at him with pleading eyes, he nodded softly, it was a small easy to miss movement of his head. I touched his shoulder and gasped at him,
"It's so good to see you again! I'm glad you could make it." I said with skillful faked happiness yet loud enough for anyone close to hear me, and hugged him tightly, "...thank you..." I whispered only loud enough for him to hear.
"It is good to see you as well." He was rather closed off, his voice was rough and husky as if he hadn't spoken for a bit. He hugged me back but not as tightly as I was hugging him, I pulled away the same time he did and smiled brightly into his mesmerizing green eyes, I don't think I've ever seen such beautiful eyes before.
"Thank you, your eyes are also very... Beautiful." My eyes widened as I started into his eyes noticing his faint blush and small smirk,
"Can he read my mind?!" I thought looking deeper into his eyes, if I'm not careful I could get lost in those deep emerald depths.
"I'm not reading your mind, you are just speaking your thoughts." He said smiling at me, I felt my face heat up and I looked away from him.
"I'm so sorry! It's a really bad and quite annoying habit of mine... It often gets me into such trouble it often ends with me bloodied." I chuckled a little sadly thinking of all the times I've received a beating for speaking what I think, I heard a deep quiet growl and looked up at my new companion,
"Did I do something to upset you? If so I am so sorry, I really don't mean to speak my thoughts and I promise I mean well and I-"
"You are not what upset me." He said angrily, he gently moved my hair away from the right side of my face and I sucked in a breath, I turned away from him ashamed...
"Punishment... I am not very good at what I'm supposed to do..." I whispered turning away from him, the bruising still hurt and I know he saw my black eye and the little cuts under and beside it. He followed after me and lead me to a small alley away from the lively market place, here the noises that were almost deafening seemed almost like a hushed whisper.
"What exactly do you do that you aren't good at and get abused!" He growled angrily cornering me against the wall, I whimpered and turned my head submissively, which made him growl again.
"I'm sorry... I don't mean to be upsetting you but it's really none of your business and I could get in trouble for telling you, it really isn't your place and I just need someone to walk me home so I don't-" A cold metal hand on the left side of my face shut me up, a thumb rubbed under my eye, I opened my eyes and looked up at him. He had a sad expression with untold anger in his eyes, he was searching my face for something but I don't know what he was looking for.
"I didn't mean to make you cry..." He whispered to me, "I am... Sorry." I gave him a small smile and leaned into his hand, I brought my left hand up and placed it on his,
"It's alright... It really isn't your fault." I whispered back to him, he returned my small smile with one of his own.
"He has such a handsome smile..." I thought dreamily, I heard a soft chuckle and immediately blushed.
"I think your smile is much better." His words only making me blush even more, I looked into his eyes and realized I have been rude.
"I'm so sorry, where are my manners! My name is Ferra, kinda like a feral wild animal, or a fox... Mostly because I bite... And growl... And have a terrible temper. It often gets me into trouble and earned me my name... Actually a lot of things get me into trouble, but trouble really isn't that hard to get into and I'm babbling... Another thing that gets me-"
"Into trouble?" He said smiling and shaking his head at me, I blushed and nodded. His smile faded though which saddened me, for he truly does have a great smile. "Is Ferra not your real name?" He looked... Well he didn't really have a look, his face was blank and guarded.
"... To be honest... I don't know my real name, he just calls me Ferra." I said rather timidly looking down at my rather dirty gown and picked and played with a loose thread, he growled yet again; it was rather deep in his throat to and full of anger.
"He often growls... Almost like a wolf... A very handsome wolf... If I am to be his prey I don't think I mind." I blushed at my thoughts and stared hard at the golden bracelets on my wrists, so many intricate swirls and designs. I felt the man step closer, effectively caging me between his body and the wall.
"My name is Fenris." He growled seductively into my ear, I took a shaky breath, I felt his warm breath tickling my ear. "If I really was a wolf, you would be quite the delectable prey..." My eyes went wide and I cursed myself for speaking my thoughts aloud yet again. Fenris still stayed rather close to me and gently nuzzled against my neck, I made a small noise of pleasure; I could feel his smile against my skin.
"F-Fenris..." I whispered on a breath,
"Yes Ferra?" He whispered against my neck, making me whimper in pleasure again.
"I am not easy prey." I said smirking as I grabbed his arms and shoved against him throwing him into the wall right next to where he had me caged, I smirked up at him as I took in his shocked expression which quickly changed to a dark look I've seen many times... Sometimes I didn't want what it promised. This thought quickly killed whatever might of happened and I quickly blinked away the tears, I stepped away from him and cleared my throat and turned away from him grabbing my basket from where I had dropped it.
"We should get moving..." I said with my back to him, walking farther down the alley. I knew where it leads and it's a short cut to... His house.
"Ferra..." Fenris said rather confused, he placed his hand on my shoulder and I stopped walking, I knew I was failing trying to fight away my dark thoughts and the tears that silently fell.
"Hello there little darlin' this knife ear bothering you?" A drunken mean voice slurred,  I looked up to see a rather disgusting man a few feet away from Fenris and I, yet the stench of him was practically drowning me.
"No. He isn't." I said turning away from the revolting man and walking back towards the entrance of the alley. Fenris stood still, but turned away from the disgusting pig.
"Oy! I'm talking to you bitch." He growled and staggered towards me, I sighed and rubbed at my temple. This man was becoming increasingly irritating by the second and his stench was giving me a headache.
"Ser I suggest you go bother somebody else, my friend and I have far better things to do then deal with an annoying drunk who can't hold his disgusting watered down cheap ale." I growled still facing away from him, Fenris placed a gauntlet covered hand on my shoulder giving it a gentle squeeze letting me know he was with me.
I heard a hiccuped growl and shuffling footsteps, Fenirs moved from my side to behind me covering me from the man,
"You disgusting knife-ear fucker! You are a traitor to your kind you wen-" I moved so fast the man chocked on his words as my hand was wrapped around his throat lifting him off the ground and slamming him against a a grimy wall,
"You will learn to hold your tongue!" I growled at him menacingly, "You will treat my friend with more respect." I squeezed his throat making it harder for him to breathe, but not to hard so he was blacking out from lack of air.
"My kind? They betrayed me." I whispered with an angry growl,
"Maybe I am an Elf fucker, they are so much more attractive then the shite like you!" I felt cold metal on my shoulder and I knew it was just Fenris showing me he was with me, I took a deep breathe and flung the scared man to the side and turned away from him, turned towards Fenris and started walking away.
"M-my father will hear about this!" The man yelled, I just laughed and kept walking.
"Your "father" should teach you some manners!" I yelled back to him, I took Fenris arm and leaned on him sighing.
"That man looked quite formidable... Yet you held him above the ground, with one of your hands."
"I am not defenseless, just hate violence." I knew that wasn't what he meant but this was not a subject I wished to discuss, I'm guessing he also knew this so he let it be.
"We are almost to the house..." I said sadly, I didn't wish to part with Fenris. There was just something about him that drew me in and made me want to spend even more time with him, to understand him, to truly know him for him. I turned too look back at the beautiful man, wondering if this would be the last I saw him.
"This is not the last you will see of me, if that is your wish." I felt my cheeks heat up as I hung my head,
"I really need to stop thinking aloud." I grumbled to myself, angry that I now seemed clingy and quite possibly creepy.
"You did not say anything aloud, I just wanted to know if you wished to see me again." He had mirth behind his words and he chuckled lightly, I knew he was smiling but I dare not turn to see because I didn't want to have him see me blush yet again.
"Yet another problem of mine, I never know what I speak aloud, and I always end up a fool." I grumbled embarrassed  looking down at my wristband, slightly glaring at the offending object.
"You are quite the beautiful fool though." Fenris said turning me towards him, he smiled down at me looking deep into my eyes. I smiled slightly and chuckled shaking my head.
"I would like to see you again, hopefully without needing you to be my escort." I hugged him, catching him off guard yet just before he could hug me back, I kissed his cheek and snuck away  leaving him in a small garden area hidden because of the alley. Just as I climbed the fence I looked back to see him still standing there, eyes wide and mouth open, his hand on the cheek I kissed. Yet a small smile graced his face and he turned away walking down a different path. I slid down into the garden that held all the vegetables and fruits the masters wife grew. I leaned against the fence for a second and closed my eyes, instantly I saw those piercing olive greens.
"Good bye for now..." I whispered gently to the wind as it passed by carrying away any thoughts of things other then the silver haired elf.