.001

( EDITED AND REWRITTEN)

After opening my eyes for the first time in hours my reflexes immediately responded to the light steaming through the curtains by shutting themselves

After opening my eyes for the first time in hours my reflexes immediately responded to the light steaming through the curtains by shutting themselves. To me the room was unusually quiet for the morning. I'd usually be woken up by the sound of the showers running and the smell of beauty products. I gradually turned onto my side to avoid the light before opening my eyes. glancing at the clock beside me I immediately became alarmed. I had overslept.

. The fact the other three girls in which I share the dorm with didn't wake me up angered me, but I did understand that it wasn't really their fault. I had told them don't talk to me on any occasion whatsoever.

Realising that I had forgotten to leave my uniform out for the house elves to wash made me even angrier.

 I huffed making a beeline for my closet. I threw on some clothes I found in there and headed for the door. I frowned when I caught I look of outside through the open curtains. Outside looked gloomy and cold, something that matched my mood. That meant that outside Gryffindor tower was freezing, instead of walking back to my closet I took a sweater from the closest closet to the door and left, but not before I checking the time.

9:41

As I walked down the empty halls of Hogwarts I checked my schedule to see what class I had first. My frown deepened when I saw the name of the class. 'Potions'  being to a class hosted by Snape was not good. For a second I thought of ditching this class all together, after there was only about fifteen minutes left. I shook my head shutting down the idea immediately. I entered the room and took my seat beside Hermione normally as if I wasn't late, and leaned my elbow on the table and waited for the yelling to begin.  

" Ms. Forscute how nice of you to join us, not only late but not dressed in the appropriate clothing for not only this class but every other class you go to. Would you like to explain why" The familiar voice of Severus Snape shamed my. Now you must know that I was highly aware that my next words would put my in a lot of trouble, but I had to let out my anger some how and back talking was my way of doing it. He just happened to be the victim.

I made eye contact with him, and began to speak " Oh am sorry Professor, I wasn't aware that my life purpose was to serve you, would you like me to go back in time and re-do that for you" the sarcasm was dripping off of my voice was dangerous. The class was quiet from a couple long seconds before he spoke. His ebony coloured eyes boring into my sea blue ones.

" I wont waste the rest of this class arguing with you Evelyn, detention everyday this week at ten" He said before looking around the class. " I don't remember saying to stop" he added and the class returned back to it's normal bustle. I glared at the retreating figure of the potions master, before turning to my so-called friend.

"Thanks for waking me up Hermione I really appreciate it" I said choosing her as my next victim.

" I know you do Evelyn" she said a sneaky smile weaving its way onto her face. She then sighed shaking her head as she continued stirring her potion. " Do you always have to get yourself in trouble, have you even heard of an apology"

" Actually I have it just never applied to me in any situation, and I would have gotten detention anyway" I pointed out and she let out yet another sigh.

" Is that my sweater" She said changing the subject as she motioned towards the oversized red sweater I had taken from the closet.

" I guess it is"

" What happened to uniform, you are aware that the other schools will be arriving tomorrow" she  commented. The left side of my lip lifted up involuntarily as I tried to remember what she was talking about. She must have saw my confusion because she helped me out. " Triwizard tournament? Does that ring a bell in that empty head of yours" I rolled my eyes at her comment, as everything clicked together in my head.

" Oh those schools" I said stupidly, staring off into the distance. 

" Ya, those schools" she retorted, and out of the corner of my eye I could see her packing up her stuff. I took this as the signal that class was about to end. I jumped out of my seat while taking up my bag. The steel chair made a annoyingly loud screeching noise as it moved. I winced gently and headed for the door, walking out just as the bell went off.

~

 It was currently lunch, and I was starving, due to the fact that I had missed breakfast, and I had never missed a meal in my life. Life was too short for that. I was almost to the doors of the Great Hall. Steps away from food equivalent to heaven when I was stopped. " Hello, are you Evelyn Forscute?" A small voice asked. I looked down to see a boy with adorable green eyes standing nervously in front of me. He must have been a first year.

" Yes that would be me. Who might you be" I asked cocking my head to the right. He blushed lightly, which made me chuckle slightly.

" I'm Evan, but that isn't important, Professor McGonagall sent me, she wants to see you in her office immediately" I nodded before walking off. I stopped after a few steps, and turned around.

" Evan" I called out to the curl haired boy. He look up at me." See you later". I

 When I reached Minnie's office I blasted the door open not bothering to knock. " Hey Minnie" I said sliding into one of her armchairs. She looked up startled.

" Haven't you ever heard of knocking Eve" She scolded and I smiled sweetly at her. " I heard about what you did this morning" she told me, and I narrowed my eyes in her direction, leaning back in the comfy chair. 

" Your not going to lecture me are you?" I questioned as she offered me a sugar cookie. She shook her head at me, taking a seat too.

" Not today Evelyn we have more important matters to discuss" She told me which got me worried.

" Like what the fact that I'm starving and your holding my captive in here evilly, like the evil stepmother did to Cinderella" I stated quite seriously. I had started reading muggle fairy tales recently. Beauty and the Beast was my favourite by far.

" No Evelyn like your future" She said and I frowned not liking the topic.

" I already told you am not going to be a lonely house wife, am going to be a traveller" 

" No your not Evelyn because your in an arranged marriage" She said subtly. I gave her my famous ' what the' look.

" What the ... No am not" I said making up my mind.

" Evelyn yes you are, and your going to make it work" 

" Try me old lady" I said glaring at her.

She looked taken aback." If you think Viktor Krum is going to marry your with that attitude then think again young lady"

" I wont think ag- wait did you say Viktor Krum" I asked in shock. She nodded. I stood up and walked outside, not planning on going any where in general just away from here...