He took his seat and the meal was served. There was silence for the first few moments, and then his mother spoke. “Of course, when Anne comes to live with us which will be soon, there will be no room for Elizabeth-Jane.” Edward stared at her. “So, as soon as the doctor deems her fit which shall be tomorrow, then she will have to go.”

“How do you know that it will be tomorrow?” Edward asked.

“He told me that she will be back to normal in a few hours and what is it to you?”

“I was just wondering why you had to throw out a homeless girl.” Eddy replied.

“She has a home, she has a family.”

“But she does not know who they are.” Edward retorted.

“She will when she sees them.” Catherine replied calmly.

“And what if she does not?” Anne spoke this time.

“Then she will have to learn to remember.” Catherine said indifferently.

“When does she leave?” Louis asked quietly.

“Next week, maybe.” Catherine said, although she sounded unsure.

~*~

For the next three days, everyone was quiet. Eddy saw less of Lizzy than usual and she hardly ever left her room. Anne was forced to stay with him most of the time. Today, though, she decided to say something.

“Edward, I know how much you love Lizzy. I understand that. I feel the same way about someone else. Someone your parents would definitely not let me see. They are stuck on the fact that I should marry you. I do not want to, no feeling hurt hopefully.”

“To tell you the truth, I do not want to marry you either.” Eddy admitted.

“I have an idea, but you are not allowed to know.” Anne said and hurried out of the room. Edward went to the window and looked out. He saw his best friend, Thomas fencing with...was that Lizzy? He peered closer. It was! Lizzy was fencing...and winning.

Edward backed from the window and hurried outside to watch. When they had done, Edward congratulated Lizzy on winning. “I did not think you were so good.” Eddy said.

“I may be able to beat you!” Lizzy said.

“Want to try?” Eddy asked.

“Is this a competition?” Lizzy asked, grinning.

“It may be.” Eddy smirked.

“Challenge accepted.” Lizzy replied.

Edward got ready and faced Lizzy they began to fight. Thomas was there, giving Lizzy pointers.

Their fight was interrupted by someone calling Lizzy’s name. Both swords dropped to the floor as they looked to the door. “You are not meant to be fighting!” It was Anne. She looked shocked.

Lizzy picked up her sword and passed it to Thomas who took it and went to pick up Edward’s sword. “Thomas, Catherine would like to see you.” Anne said. Thomas nodded and leant the swords against the side of a stable before entering the castle.

“Edward, your father wishes to speak to you. Lizzy, I am meant to be spending time with you.” Edward pushed past Anne and disappeared down a corridor. Lizzy began to walk with Anne. They reached the library. When they were sat Anne spoke.

“I know that you love Edward, anyone who is not Catherine and Charles can see that.” She started. “I love Thomas.” She blurted it out as if she wanted to get the words out as fast as possible.

“As in, Thomas who Eddy is best friends with?”

“Yes, that one.”

“Why do you not tell him?”

“Because he does not need to know. No one needs to know. I needed to tell someone and seen as you are leaving anyway, I thought it would not matter if I told you.”

“What do you mean I am leaving?” Lizzy exclaimed.

“Did you not know?”

“Not at all!”

“Of course, you were not at dinner last night. That is when they announced that you had to leave.”

“When did they say I had to go?” Lizzy asked.

“I believe Catherine said sometime next week.”

“I shall leave now!” Lizzy protested. “If they want me to go I shall go!”

“No! Wait!” Anne cried, pushing Lizzy back into her seat. “I have a plan. All I can tell you is that you need to stay here. If you leave now, Catherine will know she has got to you. Trust me; I know what I am doing.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive.”

Anne left the room, leaving Lizzy to ponder over what had happened. They wanted her to leave. They were going to cast her out even though she had no home; even though she had no idea who her parents were. Even though she had no memory and no idea what she was going to do.