02| Helping Hand

I took a warm bath hoping to forget the humiliating incident at the breakfast. Maya and Andy must've heard it too, now they will use this to taunt me for the rest of my life! But they were quite about it but they still giggled when I was not looking at them.

"Oh I almost forgot to tell you we are going to the picnic, Joan told us to tell you, just in case if you want to come" suddenly Maya told me.

"Well after what happened at the breakfast, will she be able to come?" remarked Andy shrieking with laughter, Maya though tried her best to hide the laugh.

I was too shy to face them at that moment, so I hurriedly came out. Standing there in that spot for a moment I breathed heavily, thinking: how did this get so twisted! I saw him standing outside and he gave me a smile. But I was very angry at him from head to toe, so I turned around and was about to walk past him, when he suddenly took hold of my hand, in surprise I looked at him, he casually took the book from my hand and said it was a boring book.

"I hate Pride and Prejudice, not the whole book but the main character, how she misunderstands Mr. Darcy. It would be nice if she didn't do it, but I liked when they realized that they love each other," he said, listening to him it felt like he was talking about himself.

He must've thought I misunderstood him... But he's the one who started it! Now he wants truce? I could do nothing but smile at him gently, he was somehow surprised at my reaction, and I gently took his hand of mine and took my book.

"But I didn't even finish reading yet" I told him with a sigh, he looked at me perplexed, because now he knew he spoiled the ending of one of the books I enjoyed reading.

Suppressing a smile I left him, because he was quite apologetic that he twisted and turned to find a suitable answer to tell me. Coming back to my thoughts I realized something, to be told the truth I really wanted to go to the picnic, but I was still embarrassed about the breakfast incident and I kept thinking about what would Joan think about me? I kept looking at them leaving for the picnic, but I didn't have the guts to tag-a-long, Luke on the other hand told Josh that he will stay and bring the picnic food. Somehow he kept glancing at me again and again, which made me quite uncomfortable and I tried really hard to avoid his gaze. Then the Inn owner Miss Beatrix came with two big baskets of food.

"Oh my, how will you carry all this food by yourself? You should've asked one of your friends to wait with you," said Miss Beatrix woefully.

"Well... I didn't realize we would be taking this much food... As the bride and groom's parents are staying back," he said.

"Now I need one more person to carry these with me, can one of the persons working here help me?" he asked, after hearing it Miss Beatrix turned pale, looking at her he understood that it is impossible.

"The two workers on request went into the town to buy flowers for the decorations. And another boy is waiting on the bride and groom's parents... As you can see we are running a very small Inn... Shall I come with you?" the lady asked him, to which he said saying that she is needed in the Inn more.

"I will take these with me one by one, its okay" he replied while glancing at me, the Inn lady taking note of it in a low voice asked me "Miss if you don't mind can you go with him?"

I looked at them insurprise, because if I said no I would be considered rude, but saying yes meansI have to carry one of those big baskets... which looks pretty heavy.