Chapter 3 - Feelings

~Hayate's POV~

Her eyes flutter open after a couple hours of sleeping. I don't know why but I got really excited to know that she was finally awake. She then rubbed her eyes. It was really cute.

"Wha-What time is it?" She says with a tired expression.

"3:30." I say trying to hide my emotions.

"WHAT?!" She shouts.

"You made me miss 3 hours of school?!" She shouts again.

"Yeah...You looked really cute so I didn't want to wake you up." I say bluntly.

Her face then starts to turn red and she becomes flustered. I really can see why that guy likes her.

"Why are you red like that?" I ask trying not to show I am trying to get a rise out of her.

"I-I-I'm g-going home." She says as she ran away.

~Your POV~

That was so embarrassing. I'm just going to continue watching "Say I Love You" when I get back to my place. (It's an anime romance) Yes, I'm somewhat of an otaku. I used to play video games a lot and I would sometimes spend days watching anime without ever leaving my room. I also would never really do my homework. (This is me.)

I open the door to my apartment. Turn my laptop on and continue watching the episode I left off on. I watch a couple episodes and pause once I get to a really romantic scene because I was hungry and I didn't want to miss it. I come back and notice Hayate is laying on the bed watching the scene.

"W-What are you doing?!" I scream in his ear which makes his ear twitch.

"You didn't notice me? I've been here for a while now I was just a cat up until now."

"So you watched all those episodes with me?" I ask him a hint of stress in my voice.

"Yep." He smirked.

"I didn't really understand why you blushed earlier but now I know." He smirked even more. His eyes were filled with deviance. I know what he's thinking. I then rolled up a piece of news paper and hit him with it.

"Ow~ What was that for?!" He said finally showing emotion.

"I know what you were thinking." I say blushing.

When he noticed my blush he smirked.

"Huh. You're a pervert." He said bluntly.

"What?! No I'm not!" I say blushing even more.

"I just wanted to play with you. Like throw me a toy mouse or something but nope you think I'm gonna rape you or something." He said snickering. 

I start to laugh thinking about what I thought he meant. I couldn't stop laughing because I thought he meant something totally different. He started to look at me funny and tilt his head to the side.

"You are so cute Hayate." I say teary eyed while petting him.

He then grabbed my wrist.

"Believe it or not I don't feel very happy when you call me cute." He said still holding my wrist.

"Why not?" 

"I don't want you to think of me as a kitten." He says everting his eyes.

"Then what do you want me to think of you as?" I say trying to get him to look at me.

Without any warning he then looks me straight in the eyes.

"Like someone you can do romantic stuff with." He said not fazed at all.

I have no words. I just met this guy and he already likes me. This is happening way too fast.

"I..." I try to tell him how I feel but no words really come out.

My face turns beat read.

"You know how when you have a pet they end up liking you really quickly?" He asks.

"Yeah I guess so."

"Well my emotions are kind of like that. You helped me so much with everything I just ended up falling for you without even knowing it." He says staring at me intensely.

"Oh..." I say still somewhat speechless.   

~Hayate's POV~

If she isn't going to say anything then I might as well take action! I think to myself as I lean in closer to her face. She reacts to my action by blushing even more than before.

"Y/n, if anyone is cute it's definitely you." I say as I pin her down so she cant push me away, but even after doing this she didn't try to struggle one bit she just looked at me as if she was thinking.

I wonder what she is thinking...