002

I walk down the hallway and into the front room, where Adam is just finishing up the adoption papers.

He hands the owner of this pace the papers and looks over at me then smiles.

"You ready to go?" He asks.

I nod and smile, completely ignoring the fact that I'm wearing my sweater and sweats still. But then again.. I'm wearing them for a reason.

"Don't you want to take your sweater off?" Adam asks as he pushes the door open.

I shake my head as he leads me outside, me following at his heels.

The whiff of fresh air hitting my face brings an unstoppable smile to my face.

I've been outside just to send letters to Adam- that I had doubted were getting to him for the longest time.

But now here I am. Walking to his car. Following my idol. The person I've looked up to for the longest time.

I place my bag into the back seat and then get into the front passenger seat.

"So how long have you been in there?" Adam asks as he gets into the drivers seat.

I shrug and furrow my eyebrows before holding up two fingers.

"Two years?" He asks, looking over at me, not yet backing out of his parking spot.

I shake my head and raise an eyebrow at him.

"Two months-?" He asks.

I nod and smile a bit.

God I wish I could actually fucking talk.

"Have you ever had a family? Well of course you have.. What happened with them?"

Wow they literally put nothing in my bio, did they?

I sigh and type a few things into my notes.

They were drug addicts. Abused me, not just physically, but also mentally and verbally until I became afraid to talk and completely lost my voice. I haven't been able to speak since I was fourteen.

"Oh- I'm sorry to hear- or read that. Do you think you could ever speak again?" He asks, raising his eyebrows a bit.

I shrug a bit and look over at him, as if to say I'm not sure. Probably.

He nods a bit and gives me a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." He almost whispers.

My heart breaks because of the sympathy in his voice.

It cracks a bit. It's softer than normal. It doesn't have that joyful, childish ring to it like it should.

I sigh and look down then begin to fidget.

Sorry.. I mouth.

I'm going to think of it as my fault now if he doesn't sound as happy as he usually does.

"Hey, TJ," he says, making me look over at him.

"Don't blame yourself." He says, as if he read my mind.

I furrow my eyebrows slightly.

"For what happened? With your parents. Don't blame yourself for that." He says as he backs out of the parking space.

I sigh and nod a bit then look down. I'll try.

-

"You ready to go?" Adam asks.

I panic and shove my sweater on as he walks into the room.

He still hasn't seen how thin I really am.

He doesn't know that I dump most of my food out the window because I'm afraid I'll get fat. Or I'm afraid that I'll throw it up, just as quick as I ate the food.

I nod and turn towards him, smiling.

He told me, that once we get back to Seattle, he'll take as good of care of me as he can.

Which I believe. He's already been spoiling me. Most of the time I resist, because I don't want him to waste any of his money on me.

I love how patient he is though. When he calls me down, I can't say coming. I can't say anything. He just.. Waits. Like if I'm in the bathroom, on the toilet, I can't tell him. So he waits.

He knows I'm a fan. But he sees me as more than that, now that he's adopted me. I'm eighteen, but I'm not ready to live alone. I feel like mentally, I'm still a twelve year old girl. Who had every worry in the house, yet not a worry in the world.

"Alright- I got your bag." He says and grabs it then slings it over his shoulder before I can grab it.

I huff at him as he walks out of the hotel, me following close behind.

I take in the fresh air as we walk to the car again, the car that's going to take us to the airport. And the airport that has the plane that's going to take me to my new home.

"Alright so, assuming you watch my videos, from the letters I got, the guys at the offices- they're actually super hyperactive at times, so I think I'm going to have to hold you at the house for the first few weeks. That alright?" He asks.

I nod a bit, knowing where he's coming from. I suffer ptsd, which I told him about.. Er, wrote him about, last night.

But what he doesn't know yet is I have a crush on one of the guys he works with.

No not Max. He has a girlfriend, and he doesn't work at the offices anymore.

Same thing with Ross.

But no.. Aside from them.. It's actually Red.

But I'll never admit it.

"Do you have a crush on someone?" He asks. "Like, from the offices?"

I shake my head quickly and look away to hide the blush that's rising up onto my cheeks.

Adam laughs a bit. "I'm just teasing." He says as he drives towards the airport.

I sigh and look down at my lap before tears form in my eyes.

Not sad tears. Happy tears.

I was not expecting to ever get adopted. Ever.

But I did. And not only was I adopted- but he adopted an eighteen year old girl, who's half mute, who has ptsd, and is a huge fan.

But I didn't scream in his face when I saw him. So that probably helped his liking towards me.

Right?