Chapter 20: The Victory Tour

Start from the beginning

"What a nice neckless" Finnick said has Meredith put it on.

"Thank you. Dylan gave it to me for my birthday" Meredith told him

"It's your birthday today?" Asked Finnick

"Yes. I'm thirteen today" she answered

"Well Happy birthday then" he said "now, I know you probably don't want to talk about this but we have to. The victory tour leaves tomorrow morning so you'll need to get to bed early tonight. Also, Juniper, your escort will have made some speeches for you for when you'll need to talk to the other districts. You'll start at district twelve and finish in district 1. District four will be skipped since you will come here last." Finnick explained

"What if they hate me" Meredith said

"No one will hate you"

"Yes they will. I mean I won, not their tribute of their district. Especially district 1 and 2. They are two of the three career districts. They'll hate me for winning, me a little twelve year old when their tributes have lost"

"Look I know it's scary but there is not way out of it, you'll just need to be brave okay?"

"Okay"

It was about 6 o'clock when Meredith made her way home with Dylan. Mrs.Keene was in the kitchen with this very small cake in her hands.

"Happy birthday honey" Smiled her mother

Meredith and Dylan sat down at the table.

"I've invited your friend Finnick. He should be here soon" Meredith Mother said

She put that tiny cake on the table and moments later Finnick arrived. He sat down at the table with the two kids. Mrs Keene cut pieces of the cake and gave some to everyone.

"Already thirteen years old. You grow up so fast" said Mrs Keene.

Meredith blushed and took a bite from the cake.

"This is very good" Said Finnick to Meredith's mother "did you make this?"

"Your so sweet and yes I did" Smiled Mrs Keene.

The evening was pleasant. They talked and laughed and had a good time. Finnick was happy to know someone like Meredith. She was very important to him and he was happy to be apart of her life. The sun was down the stars were out. Dylan left to go home and so did Finnick.

"Don't forget to be up early tomorrow" Finnick reminded Meredith has he left.

Meredith was very nervous for her victory tour. She did not want to go but she knew she had no choice. Tired, Meredith got changed into her pyjama and went to bed.

Meredith was standing on a stage and she wasn't able to say anything or even move. She watched the crown of the people of district one shout at her.

"You killed my daughter" a women yelled "you killed Maia! My only daughter!"

The women ran towards the stage and jumped on. She grabbed Meredith and pushed her on the ground.

"This is for my daughter!" She shouted has she punched Meredith in the face.

Her nose broke and started to bleed uncontrollably.

"This is all you deserve. You shouldn't have won! I should've" Maia shouted who was now the person on top of Meredith punching her.

Maia took out a knife and put it at Meredith's neck.

"It's time to show everyone who the real victor is" she said and...

Meredith woke up shouted so loud all of the districts probably heard her. Her mother came running in her room panicking

"Meredith!" She shouted with a scared voice

"I'm okay, I'm okay" Meredith said over and over again

Mrs Keene sat on the bed and put her arms around her daughter who was shaking uncontrollably.

"It was just a bad dream" Meredith told her mother

"Alright just go back to sleep, I'll stay with you okay?" Mrs Keene said

"Okay" Meredith answered and laid back down.

The next morning, Meredith woke up early since today was the day that she was leaving for the victory tour. She put on this nice yellow skirt with a white top. She walked out of her room and barely even had time to walk inside the kitchen when people came bursting through her door. It was the Blue capitol lady, also known has Juniper her escort with the Tigris and the makeup crew and stuff like that. Finnick then walked in has well.

"Now we have no time to waist. You are leaving soon and we need to get you ready. Today we are going to district twelve" Said Juniper.

"Good morning Meredith" smiled Tigris

"Good morning" Meredith smiled back.

Moments later Meredith was getting some makeup put on and she had to change outfits twice sine Tigris wasn't able to make up her mind.

"This wont do" said Tigris has she advanced her hand towards Meredith's neckless.

Meredith pushed her hand away.

"I'm not taking this off" she said

"But it doesn't match what you are-"

"I don't care" Meredith cut Tigris off

She ended up keeping the neckless on. Meredith was now done getting all dressed up and said bye to her mother. She started to make her way out of the house when she saw Dylan standing at the door.

"Dylan!" Exclaimed Meredith has she put her arms around him.

"I wanted to wish you a good trip" he told her.

"Thank you" smiled Meredith

"Don't forget, we still have some fishing to do when you get back" Smiled Dylan

"Don't worry, I won't" laughed Meredith has she waved at Dylan.

She wished he could've came with her, he would've been good company. She walked into the train waiting to take her to District twelve. She was very nervous.

"It's going to be fine Meredith. I promise" Finnick said has he sat down next to her and the train took off.