Chapter 1

Currently and slowly updating this book for better read.
- - -

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Five more minutes!

Beep! Beep! Beep!

This small thing just wont shut up! I tried to reach the alarm clock but failed, my arms just won't reached the table.

Leaving no choice, I stand up but hurting my little pinky toe in the process.

Ouch! I groaned. This made me fully awake now and remember why I have had set my alarm this early.

It's my first day for work!

With that, I run to the bathroom and finished my routine as fast as possible. I can't be late on my first day, plus I have to be look great!

Five minutes shower was first in my record and I'm now drying my long, wavy brown hair. After my hair, I applied light make up that complimented my peach dress making me look young. I can't help myself from smiling.

This will be the start of my great day!

One final look and was torn out to which I will wear, the flats or the heels?

I preferred flats that wont hurt my 5'6" height and besides, I don't know yet my task. What if it is more on standing, getting things from here to there? That would surely hurt my pretty legs.

"Angela Menesi." I told the receptionist in her mid thirties.

"The new secretary?" As she type something on the computer.

"Yes." I smiled.

"50th floor." She said that surprised me. John, who interviewed me never mentioned it.

She handed me the passes and eyed me from head to toe without smiling.

What's wrong with her?

Deciding not to stay longer because I have 15 minutes left, I searched for the elevator. The gold elevator caught my eyes with 50th F signage.

Thank god there's a special elevator in this building! I immediately pressed it and hopped in but before it closes, two guards rushing in my way mumbling something that I can't anymore hear because it is already closed and on it's way to the fiftieth floor.

I'm not afraid of heights but goodness the ride in the elevator made me dizzy. Good thing it's not stopping every floor, for sure I will throw up if it did.

I step out immediately as the elevator door opened when it reached the 50th floor.

I was welcomed by complete silence and was amazed of the golden floor. I can't help my eyes exploring, the floor screamed wealth and luxury!

"You must be the new secretary!" I was surprised when someone talked completely unaware of her presence.

"Hi I'm Angela Menesi." I smiled to her.

"Welcome to Green Enterprise darling. Please call me, Sandra." The lady in her near forties smiled at me. She is different from the receptionist downstairs.

"Thank you Sandra." I smiled more feeling she will be my friend immediately. "So, is John around?"

"John?" Sandra asked me and I'm pretty sure John is his name, my boss.

"Yes my boss, the one who interviewed me." I said not forget to smile.

"Angela, I'm afraid but John is not your boss, it's Adam Green." She said and the golden elevator pinged that made both of us flinched.

And there he is my boss, stepped in all his glory in a dark suit that will take everyone's breath away in this floor and I'm not exempted from it.

- - -

You may continute to write this story under ficfun dot com.