Dinner

Karma, Nagisa, Sugino and Kaede ate their lunches beside a big tree near their classroom. Karma is the one leaning against the tree with Nagisa on his right and Sugino on his left. Kaede was in front of Karma. They were still talking about the exams.

"You are a monster Karma-kun! It's already hard to perfect one subject you managed to perfect all! Are you sure you're still a human being?" Kaede teased as she took a bite from her burger. They just laughed at her statement.

"I was actually thinking of the same thing. How come he aces all the exams if all he does is come late, sleep and ditch class!" Nagisa commented while finishing her food. Her mom prepared a bento for her. She doesn't know why, but her mom is acting strange these fast few days. She treats her nicely and reduced her chores. Not to mention that physical abuse to her is all gone. Nagisa never dared to ask why because she's afraid that her mom would go back to her demonic self.

"That hurts shorty! You actually think that your best friend is an alien?" Karma acted that he was hurt.

"Maybe." She simply replied and placed her lunchbox down. A smirked appeared on Karma's face. Before Nagisa could notice, Karma pulled her waist and started tickling her. She tried to remove his arm but of course she can't due to their strength difference. The others just laughed as they stared at the two. After a few minutes Karma finally released Nagisa who was now catching her breath.

"Nagisa-chan I don't get it why you became friends with a sadist like Karma. There are a lot of other people who are dying to be friends with you." Sugino said. Nagisa was still catching her breath. Karma opened her water bottle and handed it to her. After drinking it up she finally answered.

"It's a long story. We've been friends since 1st year and I accept him for who he is. No other explanations needed. Right Karma?" She turned to her best friends and smiled. Her smiles are really beautiful. Karma couldn't help but just gaze at the blue haired beauty. Everything about her for him is just perfect. He secretly loves his best friend throughout these years. But he never admitted it because she might think that he is taking advantage of her kindness. And besides, being her best friend is great! He can keep an eye on her without everybody thinking other things about their relationship. Plus he can threaten anyone who tries to date Nagisa.

"Karma!"

"Karma!" He snapped out from his thoughts and noticed that they are all staring at him.

"Sleeping with your eyes open. I wouldn't count that as a doing of a normal human being." Nagisa teased and the three laughed leaving Karma speachless. Suddenly Nagisa's phone rang. She quickly excused herself and moved away.

"You still haven't confesed to her, have you?" Kaede asked. Karma felt his face was warming up and he looked away.

"I don't know what you are talking about." He defended himself. Kaede's smirk widened.

"Oh don't fool us! We all know that you are in love with Nagisa-chan. It's okay! Who wouldn't like her? She's beautiful, charming and very talented. We can help you if you want." She offered still with her smirk. But that smirk vanished when Karma turned to her with his famous devil-like smirk.

"Do you really want to mess with me?" He asked her in a scary tone. She quickly raised both of her hands as a sign of defeat.

"I was just kidding!" Her voice was trembling. Karma is now releasing his black aura to frighten Kaede even more.

"Enough of that, how about we go out after class and celebrate that Karma ranked 1st!" Sugino suggested. Kaede secretly thanked him for diverting Karma's attention.

"That's a great idea! Let's tell it to Nagisa when she comes back." Karma agreed. Kaede wants to tease him once more but quickly erased the idea. Messing up with the red-haired boy is the last thing she will ever do.