Chapter 6

<<<~Chapter 6~>>>

"Agh!" Sebastian groaned in defeat. "This is the ninth time!" He threw his game controller down and leaned back in his beanbag. Sipping from his soda can, he glared at his uncle who was victoriously crowing.

In exasperation, he chucked a pillow at Nico, who deftly caught it before it smacked into his face.

"Don't be such a sore loser, Bast." Nico laughed.

"You're way too obsessed with this game," Sebastian scowled as he finished off his Pepsi.

"It's only been a year since Myth-o-Magic has been released on Xbox!" His uncle protested. "You can't expect me to be tired of it yet...or anytime soon!" He turns back to the screen to select another level.

Ignoring Nico, Sebastian slipped into the kitchen to throw away his can. It had already been three days since his parents and brother vanished. It's not like Nico was the best playmate around, either.

"Don't you ever play anything normal, like Call of Duty or something?" He yelled into the living room irritably.

"What's that?" Nico replied.

"I give up," Sebastian muttered. Stomach growling, he rummaged through the cabinets looking for something edible. Other than various cooking supplies, nothing could be found. There were eggs, but for some stupid reason, they had no cooking oil. Also, Sebastian couldn't stomach the idea of having to boil the eggs because he didn't want to accidentally mess it up with his powers. Nico could not cook to save his life.

"Hey, Bast! We're out of food! I can hear you pawing through those empty shelves, so I'm going to grab some groceries!"

"Ok, Mother!" Sebastian yelled back while piling useless bags and containers on the floor.

"Haha, very funny. Don't get into trouble!" The front door slammed, echoing throughout the empty house.

"Bye." Sebastian whispered almost like an afterthought. Hunger snapping him out thought, he continued to search through flour and spices.

He spied a hidden box of animal crackers behind all the mess.

"Aha! Mine!"

As he reached in to snatch the crackers, his arm brushed against a bunch of bottles, causing them to crash down onto the floor. Scrambling to pick them up, he sighed a breath of relief when he saw none of them had broken.

He'd just put away them back and opened the pretzels when he noticed a runaway bottle had rolled under the table. It was a little bottle of blue food coloring. Glancing back at the cupboard full of spices, he thought hard.

"I could make cookies! I can even use those eggs we have!" he realized. Not only did he have all the ingredients he needed, he also knew how to make his grandma's homemade chocolate chip cookies by heart. All that was left to make them blue.

When he finally popped them into the oven, Sebastian felt a pang of nostalgia. These were Luke's favorite cookies.

He set the oven timer and pulled up a chair to rest in. As Sebastian listened to the drone of the timer, he fell into a deep slumber.

He could smell the sweet fragrance of moonlace. Sebastian snapped out of his stupor, but he was no longer in his home. Instead, he was in the middle of a low hut. The only source of light came from a tiny cut window. Against the light was the silhouette of the figure of a woman.

Sebastian tensed as the figure turned to face him, only to see that it was not actually a woman at all. It was a figure made of shadows, embodied tightly into a pitch-black shape. The shadows flickered like a flame, curling off and dissolving. In place of eyes were two gleaming purple crystal stones.

"Who-what are you?" Sebastian said cautiously.

The curve of the mouth moved as if to speak, but no sound came out. The woman shook her head in frustration and stepped closer towards Sebastian. Just a few inches away from the shadows, Sebastian listened harder as the woman attempted to speak again.

"....Nyx...." A breathy whisper spilled out.

He stared in disbelief. "You're Nyx?" He looked over her appearance again. "You're way different from the description from my parents. Also, the olden gods faded a long time ago."

The woman did not back off, apparently dissatisfied. "Forgotten....not gone....he will come....find her."

"Who?" But no matter how hard she tried, the goddess remained mute. After several more tries, she gave up and instead held out her hand to give Sebastian something.

A pendant of deep red fell into his hands, and Sebastian stared at it confused. It was a roughly cut stone with a glassy tone. Shaped down into a point, it looked almost deadly enough to be a small dagger. "What do you want me to do with this? Give it to someone?" The light from the window began to shine brighter. Nyx smiled and nodded. Then she turned back to the window.

As Sebastian watched, the shadow goddess began to dissolve in the light. Before fading completely, she turned one last time.

Crystal eyes gleaming, she gave one last warning.

"Beware....the Empty Ones."

"What the heck?" Sebastian thought as the blinding light enveloped his entire vision.

The smell of burning cookies startled him awake with a gasp. Jolting up in his chair, he looked around alarmingly. Smoke streamed out and up to the ceiling.

The oven was on fire!

<<<~Chapter 6 End~>>>

A/N

Hi guys! I finally rewrote this chapter after Wattpad deleted my old one! >:D In my own opinion, I don't think this chapter is as good as my other ones. (Which suck anyway ;_; ) however, I hope you guys like it anyways. :P enjoy! Hopefully it's not too weird! Comment, follow, read!

All the best,
Senny

P.S. I think I might have a solid plot for this story now! ^=^/ hehe lets just hope I don't forget it.