The Worst Case Scenario

" You're so conceited! Have you ever considered how I feel? We have known each other for three years for crying out loud! We've been working together for three years. We have been together for two years. Why have you not ever considered how I feel, Erin?" Asked Jillian. 

           " Are you freaking kidding me, Jillian? You are always upstairs working on your stupid machines. You never compliment me. You always just talk about your machines. You never bother to ask how I am doing or how my day has been going. You need to take in account my feelings." Replied Erin 

         " You know what, be a bitch about it. I'm done. I'm done with you. I'm done with the Ghostbusters. I'm done with anything that has to do with you. Bye Miss Perfect." 

         Hurt, Erin stays still as she, along with the shaken Abby and Patty, watch Holtzmann run through the fire station's front doors out onto the dark street of New York. 

         " What was that about?" Questioned Patty. 

         Erin turns and stares blankly at Patty. When she begins to open her mouth to speak, she is interrupted by the most excruciating sound. Erin's ears begin to ring, and as she turns to face the door, a pedestrian runs in. 

         " Quick! Someone has been shot. Please, call 911! Now." 

         Abby runs and pushes Kevin out of the way and dials 911 on the landline. 

        " 911, what is your emergency?" Said the phone operator. 

        " Someone has been shot outside Hook and Ladder 8, or better known as the Ghostbusters headquarters. " Shouted Abby. 

        " Okay ma'am. What is your name and age?" 

        " I'm Abby Yates, and I'm 34 years old." 

        " Okay. Please remain calm and at the scene. They're on their way. " 

        Patty runs up to the pedestrian who ran into their headquarters who begged for help. " Is the injured person someone you know?" 

       " No. She is a short, blonde woman. She didn't look to pleased and when someone ran into her, she started to cuss at them. Next thing I know she is laying on the ground with a bullet wound to her stomach. " 

      Erin's head begins to spin and she loses all sense of reality around her. She falls to the ground, broken. She keeps thinking," This isn't happening. This can't be. Not Holtzmann." 

      Patty runs to Erin as Abby and the pedestrian run back out to the hurt Holtzmann laying on the dirty, gray sidewalk. As Patty helps the shaken Erin back to her feet, she can hear the sound of sirens approach the old fire station. 

     " Erin don't worry. Help is here. She is going to be fine." Explained Patty. 

     " She is going to be fine" went through Erin's mind for the rest of the night. "She is going to be... fine."