It seemed like forever but I eventually found my way to the B wing and to 208. I am approached by a gentleman standing outside the classroom next door, the hallway was just swarming with students.

"Hi, I am Jake Mitchell, the Civics teacher. My classroom is right next door if you need anything." He smiles and wait, did he just wink at me? I nod my head and thank him, quickly rushing inside and sitting my stuff down on my desk. I just needed to sit down for a moment and breath.

The day was going by smoothly, my classes were well behaved and I was starting to relax. I was sitting in my classroom eating my lunch because I didn't feel like socializing today. I had too much to get organized. I quickly texted Cam to check on Addison and sent Logan a simple I love you text before my last class arrived. I was more than ready for this day to be over but I still had softball tryouts after school until 5 o' clock.

The bell rings letting me know that my class is on their way, the last time I have to introduce myself and ignore inappropriate comments from the perverted boys in the class. I stand up and walk to the door to greet my new students, I talk to Jake a little bit. He has been very helpful today helping me find things. The late bell rings 5 minutes later and I say goodbye to Jake before shutting the door. I barely make it to the podium before there is a soft knock at the door, I roll my eyes and walk back over and open it. A girl standing about 5'10 is leaning on the door frame.

"Sorry i'm late, I got a little caught up." she says licking her lips. I roll my eyes as the cockiness just flows off of her. I take a moment to take in her appearance. She has very pale skin with long red hair pulled back into a smooth pony tail. She has on a grey batman t shirt with black skinny jeans and black vans. I look back up to her and she is staring right at me. I look at her crystal blue eyes before breaking the contact. I open the door wider, to let her in. She just smiles my way before taking a seat at the back of the classroom.

"Good afternoon class, my name is Shannon Peters. I will taking over for Mrs. Avery while she is out on maternity leave. I want to take a quick moment to go around the room and introduce ourselves and tell me a little bit about yourselves." I walk over to my desk at the front of the room as the first student stands up. They each begin to follow suit. For some reason, I can't keep my eyes off of the red head at the back of the classroom. I shake my head, Shannon you have a wonderful girlfriend at home, don't loose focus.

This has to be the first relationship I have been in that I have not cheated and I plan on keeping it that way. I perk up when I hear that familiar voice begin to speak.

"What's up, my name is Elliott Lowder. My friends call me Ell and I guess you can too." She smiles at me. "I love sports, music and hanging with my friends and that's about it." She sits down but not before throwing another wink my way. I shake my head and kind of chuckle at how bold she is. After everyone has finished I stand back up in front of the class.

"Alright well, now that is out of the way. They have filled me in on how far you guys are. We aren't going to start a new chapter today, we will do that tomorrow. For the rest of the class, I just ask that you answer the question at the back of Chapter 12 and turn it in for a grade before class is over. You may begin and I will be at my desk if you need anything." I take a seat back at my desk and start grading the papers from the previous class. I look up every once in awhile to make sure that everyone is working, I don't mind if they talk but I don't want things to get out of control. I do glance back at Elliott and smile when I see her bobbing her head to whatever she is listening to while flipping through her book. She must have felt me watching her because she raises her head and looks directly at me and smiles. I can feel myself blushing, I quickly drop my head and get back to work.

An hour later the bell rings and everyone rushes out but not before dropping their work off at my desk. Elliott slides her paper onto my desk.

"See ya later Mrs. Peters." I went to correct her but when I looked at her crystal blue eyes, I could no longer speak. I just nodded my head. When the last student leaves, I shut the door and lock it. Rubbing my face as I plop back down in my seat. What the hell is wrong with you Shannon? Another student?! Really?! I have to make sure nothing happens this time. I change into my clothes for softball tryouts and grab my things. On my way to the softball field, I quickly text Logan and thank her for picking Addison up and I tell her I love her.