Part 6: A regret! (Edited)

Comenzar desde el principio

Serves you right! Who said you can have a nice breakfast, today. Even, I can't enjoy a peaceful sleep.

Looking at the delicious and tempting food that was prepared by Aunt Rossie, made my stomach growl asking to be filled. In the meantime, I decided to shove my mouth with breakfast.
...........

[Sean POV]

"Morning, Sharon."

"Morning, Sean. How are you doing?"

"I'm good. What about you and Eric? Is everything, good?" I tried to be considerate.

"Yeah, everything fine here. It's just that we've missed Peter so much. Is he doing alright, over there?"

I didn't feel comfortable talking about Peter with his mother, when he was right in front of me. So, I made a move to the living room before I answered her.

"Yes, he is doing fine. There's nothing you can worry about. I will take good care of him." I gave her my words, so that she can be at ease from worrying about Peter.

"I believe you can take care of him, Sean." A paused. "Sean, can you do me a favour?" asked Sharon hesitantly.

"Y-Yeah! Sure. Anything."

"Can you bring Peter back here? In Los Angeles. Even just for a day, that's fine with me. Besides, Eric wants to meet him, so badly."

Now, it was my turn to make a pause and give it some thought. Am I capable of making Peter agree to go home? Besides, I don't know what had happened between them. Why did Sharon make such a request to me? As if Peter didn't want to go home at his own will. But, then I just gave a yes.

"Sure, I will talk to him out of it."

"Thanks, Sean."

After I ended the call with Sharon, I went back into the dining room. Where Peter  was enjoying his meal. "Here." I gave his phone back.

"What did my mother ask you to do this time?" He asked with his eyes fixated on his plate.

Did he hear us talking just now? But, I'm sure I've distance myself quite far from the dining room, to not let him hear our conversation. Maybe, he just made a guess.

I pulled out the same chair I sat before and settled down before answering him. "Your mom, asked me to coax you up."

"What? Why the heck did she ask you for?"

"She just wants you to go home and visit her. Besides, she said that your father wants to meet with you so badly."

Peter's face changed when I mentioned his father. His brows knitted together and he even stopped stuffing his mouth. I'm sure there's something had happened between them, but I didn't dare to ask him about it. I used to envy their family since, they looked so happy all the time. That's why I loved to visit them before, with Adam. Both Eric and Sharon own warm personality and are kind-hearted. They made me feel comfortable whenever I was at their home. But, I guess even their family can't avoid having problems, right?

Happiness isn't a permanent thing. Nothing is permanent in this world.

"I guess I have to make a move, now. See you later." I excused myself, leaving Peter still immerse in his own thoughts.

But, before I stepped further, I made a pause and turned back facing Peter. "Pete?! Are you free this Friday night?"

My question managed to make him snap back into reality. "What?! What did you say?"

"If you can make some time on Friday night, I would like to invite Freddie over for a dinner."

"Huh?! What?! A dinner?" Confusion took over him. I guess the thing with his father still linger in his mind.