6. We Meet The Half-Scorpion Cabbie

• • • • • • • • • •
A/N: "All my friends are heathens take it slow
Wait for them to ask you who you know
Please don't make any sudden moves
You don't know the half of the abuse..."
~twenty one pilots~
• • • • • • • • • •

<<< • • • • • The Lost Demigod • • • • • >>>

He tossed me a pink, glittered sweater.
I wore it with my orange Camp Half-Blood t-shirt at the bottom of the too large sweater.
He tossed me a skirt, his back turned on me. Now that I've realized it, he was shirtless!
I blushed beet red and turned away, pretending that I didn't see anything.
I put on the purple skirt and removed my pants hastily in case he turned around. Good thing was, he was still putting on a black shirt.
As I folded the blue jogging pants, he turned around, in a black shirt and jeans.
Sheesh! I look like Mabel Pines... I thought, blushing.
We ran out of the Aphrodite cabin and came to a stop behind a tall tree.
He removed his necklace. Actually, he had two necklaces. The other one had six clay beads with different colors of different symbols, while the other had a huge, circular emerald. He leaned in closer and put his necklace around my neck. He leaned in closer until I could feel his warm breath beneath my ear.
I trembled. What is he doing...?...!
He whispered something in my ear that I couldn't quite catch. It sounded like a very ancient language.
Greek, I think... or something much more older than Ancient Greek.
It took me a few moments to realize that my body was gone. I tried to slap my hand on my face, but I really couldn't see my own hand!
I also noticed that Timmy was having a hard time to fix his eyes onto mine.
"Hey, Jessica?" he called, his dark eyes scanning the place.
"I'm right in front of you," I said.
"You're invisible, so can you do me a favor?"
Right. I am invisible. That's cool.
"Distract everyone that gets in my way, so we could easily leave camp," he said, looking like a blind guy 'cause he couldn't look straight into my now-invisible eyes.
"Sure thing, I love this plan!" I said, clapping my hands excitedly.

<<< • • • • • The Lost Demigod • • • • • >>>

Distracting harpies can be funny, but this one harpy made me want to puke and die.
For one thing, they're stupid. Or let's not put it that way. They just won't let their brains work. Wait a minute, do birds even have brains? Nah, they're half-human, so that means that they still have brains-brains that were cut in half, probably.
Second: one of them stunk. I mean-really stunk! I really tried describing the disgusting smell, so I hope that this is the thing: the harpy smelled like mucus that was used as sauce for dead fish that was left inside a bucket with slugs for a month.
And, believe me! I already smelled the real thing!
But, still, at least Timothy and I managed to flee from camp without anyone seeing us-seeing him to be precise.
As we reached the foot of the hill, we decided to walk toward east to catch a cab. He already removed his necklace from my neck so I wasn't invisible anymore.
We walked for thirty minutes or so. Until I lost my patience.
"We've been walking for ages now!" I complained. "And there's no taxi in sight!"
He looked away from me. "Well, there's one option... and... you wouldn't like that."
"If that may be the only last way just to get to Cinnabon, I'm on it," I said confidently.
He raised his eyebrow flirtatiously. "Oh, really? You want to see a real eyeball?"
I cringed at the thought. "Ew! What are you talking about? How does an eyeball relate to our problem?"
"You wouldn't stand the sight, so we better walk farther until we catch sight of a regular taxi cab."
Suddenly, there was a loud honk behind us that obviously came out of nowhere.
We stopped walking, and the cab driver rolled down the window, asking, "Where to?"
I was about to say something but Tim said, "Um, thanks. But... we're not riding." He put his hand on my shoulder.
I shrugged his hand away. "What? We're supposed to eat lunch at Cinnabon today, right?"
"Not anymo-" he tried to say, but the cab driver said something to cut him off.
"Hop in." The cab driver smiled creepily, showing his brown teeth. Was it just me, or did his teeth have small twigs stuck between them? He looked like he chomped off a small branch. He had a well-combed, silky jet-black hair and scaly, greenish-grayish skin. His irises were so black and shiny that it looked like as if you could see through them.
I pulled Timothy's hand, opened the passenger door, and hopped in. He had no choice but to go in, too.
The cab driver started to drive. We didn't spot even a single person walking by. After long minutes, the sidewalk started to have people walking by until we reached the point where cars and people were passing by. We spotted CINNABON at the left side of the road but the creepy cabbie swerved hard to the right.
Timothy's eyes widened in suspicion and anger. "Hey! There's Cinnabon over there! You're going the wrong way!"
But the driver didn't even turn to us or even utter a single word.
Timmy became more angry. "HEY! STOP THE CAR, BRUV! STOP THE FRIGGIN' CAR!!!"
My face started sweating with fear. What's the cabbie going to do to us? I asked myself nervously.
I noticed the sidewalk becoming less populated again until the place became really deserted.
That was the time when he turned around. And...
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Tim and I shrieked as we saw the cabbie... no... t-the... SCORPION-MAN!!!
The former cab driver-now a scorpion-had metallic, jet-black skin or... whatever scorpion skin was called! No, it wasn't skin. I recalled in Biology class that the scorpion's skeleton was outside its body. The driver's hair was completely gone.
The scorpion-cabbie grew and grew. It ripped the hood of the car open with its eight, bare, black claws and crawled up in a speed of lightning. We saw the scorpion's elongated body that ended with a narrow, segmented tail bearing a highly-venomous stinger at the tip.
Timothy pulled out his knife and looked up, shouting at me, "Get the wheel!"
I leaped forward from the backseat and got to the driver's seat. I got hold of the steering wheel and steered it to the left to avoid a passing truck.
It was getting more populated again.
I glanced at the rearview mirror and saw that the scorpion's tail ripped open the hood of the backseat and was preparing to sting Tim. But Tim cut the tail hard with his bronze knife.
The half-scorpion, half-cabdriver screeched in pain as I hit the accelerator hard.
I drove the taxi faster than ever until Tim screeched, "That darned scorpion is gone! PULL BACK!"
I cursed. And, no, it's not just a regular, everyday curse, but a curse in Ancient Greek that clearly meant, That darned scorpion!
I screamed, "No! I'm not pulling back! We've lost him-or it!"
I quickly glanced at the rearview mirror and saw Timothy's worried face.
He tried to utter, "But... but maybe he... it... could, uh... HARM MORE PEOPLE!"
I sighed deeply in annoyance and abruptly pressed brake. I hated caring about other people especially when I'm amidst of trouble, myself. I know that it sounds harsh and selfish, but if you're not really heroic and willing to die for others like me, then you would feel the same way.
"Fine! Ugh!" I pulled back angrily, my face getting red in annoyance.
Suddenly, something bumped hard on the taxi cab's hood and when I looked back, I saw Timothy being pulled upward by the horrifying, black legs of the scorpion through the gaping hole of the car's hood at the backseat.
"Put me down, Skorpios!" Tim slashed at the scorpion's legs with his knife but failed to be put down 'cause he only managed to cut three of the scorpion's legs.
"TIMOTHY!" I pressed brake and grabbed the scorpion's poisonous tail from the backseat (that was cut by Timmy a while ago) for protection.
I went out of the car and saw Timothy unconsciously lying on hard asphalt 25 paces from where I stood. My anger swelled.
"HEY, HOODLUM!!!" I yelled, catching Skorpios's attention, hiding its stinger behind my back.
A crazy plan formed in my head as Skorpios went straight toward me and complained, "Your boyfriend cut my stinger! Now you'll pay! Twice!"
Twice? I didn't exactly get what the monster meant by that, but it didn't sound good, I'm sure.
The half-scorpion leaned closer and raised its left leg to... to... what?
To give my face a horrible scratch, because from the looks of it, Skorpios looked like he wanted to give my face a wild scar??? What was it going to do?!
As he lunged to scratch me or whatever it was going to do, I chose that exact moment to pull out its highly-venomous stinger and stabbed it straight into Skorpios's skeletal chest.
Skorpios growled in pain as he moved backward to try to pull out his own stinger from his skeletal chest.
"YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS, LEGENDARY ONE! YOU. WILL. PAY!!!" Skorpios screeched as it disintegrated into dust.
Into dust.
Legendary one? What does that mean?
And it was gone.
Gone.

<<< • • • • • The Lost Demigod • • • • • >>>

• • • • • • • • • •
A/N: If you guys are wondering why I used Hailee Steinfield as my cover, don't mind. I can't just go around showing my real face as a cover.
Good thing is, I'm a demigod that uses an iPhone-a highly advanced iPhone designed for demigods-so the monsters couldn't detect my scent.
(Still, what do demigods smell like to monsters and to satyrs?)
BTW, there are 1,572 words in this chap!
• • • • • • • • • •