* * * 

I walked up to the Grand Hyatt waiting on the footpath, still had ten minutes left. I waited outside zipping up my jumper, I didn't like being late and left the office twenty minutes early. I knew where the place was, but just had to make sure I was here earlier.

I sat on the bench outside enjoying the slightly chill breeze. I looked up at the impressive hotel, the bright lights inside. It was usually for big occasions or business conferences, I have been here a few times when I was younger when dad had his acceptance speeches. Usually spent them with mum running through the corridors and eating all the sweets at the buffet. That brought a smile to my face. 

I waited till it was exactly six before I sent him a message to let him know I was here and waiting outside. I didn't know which restaurant or cafe inside he had booked or planned to eat in. 

I watched the strangers walk past oblivious to everyone else's lives, it was only a Monday afternoon which meant most of them were heading home rather than spending more time in the city. 

I stretched my legs in front of me crossing my legs as I flicked my hair over my shoulder, my eyes wandering around the place when my phone rang. I looked at the unfamiliar number, usually I didn't pick up those numbers.

But I did, "Hello?" I asked.

"Where are you?" I frowned at the voice, familiar, I looked back at the number, "Tristan?" I asked taking a wild guess.

"Yeah, where are you?"

"Why is your number weird?" I could hear noises in the background, not the chaotic type, but chatter. 

"I'm using someone else's phone, you didn't answer my question."

"I'm out why."

"Oh." There was a bit of a silence "Alright never mind."

"What wh-,"  I frowned, then pulled my phone away, the bastard hung up on me. What the hell was that?

I looked up as a pair of black shoes came into my vision and attached to them was the person I was waiting for, "Hey." I said smiling up as Preston returned it.

"Sorry, hope you weren't waiting too long was caught up in something."

"Nah, all good." I stood up grabbing my bag off the bench next to me, "Come on." His blue eyes shone as he held out a hand in front of him, and I hesitantly took it. It was warm as his fingers closed around it and he gave me a tug pulling me after him.

"So tree killer, what have you been up to?"

Tree killer? Oh, that. "Uh, nothing really. Just looking for a new job, you? How was your trip."

He turned to look at me, "Boring without you." I rolled my eyes, "Charmer with the words are you?" I asked as he opened the door letting me enter first.

"Not just a charmer, a gentleman too." He smiled and I realised he was in a suit.

"Did you have a meeting?"

"Something like that. This way." He led through the corridors knowing exactly where he was going, and sure enough we reached the back where there was a small outdoor garden type restaurant, "Table for two please." 

We were led to a small table outside and I looked up at the sky, "I hope it doesn't rain."

"Crap, I didn't think about that." He admitted, "It's alright, we should be done by then." the sun was still setting and it didn't look too cloudy. 

"So what did do you do on your trip?" I asked him after we looked at the menus and ordered.

"Uh...nothing really. Just went around, it was just boring. Did some sight seeing, oh went to the zoo over there. I saw some cute monkeys  but not as cute as the ones here."