Nuggets

So I finally got around to another update, my apologies that it took so long. But it's gonna be better from now on. I finally have some time to work on it and I rediscovered my love for Sergeant Bucky Barnes. Enjoy my Pretties.

Natt xx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was quiet after that. Eventually I worked up the courage to walk over to him.

"I'm sorry." I apologised and he looked at me skeptically.
"For what?"
"For causing problems between you and Mr. Rogers. I just need to be gone, you shouldn't try to help me, I'm past saving."
"No ones past saving."
"You don't know what I've done, what's happened to me."
"So why don't you tell me?" He patted the ground next to him. I looked at him unsure, his blue eyes didn't seem filled with same pity as Steve's they were filled with understanding, like he knew where I was. Something about him made me believe that maybe he would understand why I had to do the things I've done, why I tried to do what I did.
"Sorry but you're not gonna win my life story with a bunch of nuggets and a super serum-"
"Not to mention saving your life." He interrupted.
"I didn't ask for that. I didn't want that." I replied.
"You needed it, a pretty girl like you shouldn't have to have a reason to try to end her life. Please sit." I cautiously walked over and sat next to him.
"How long will I be here for?" I questioned.
"Till I decide you are no longer a danger to yourself." He clasped his hands together in front of him.
"They'll find me here."
"Who will find you here?"
"How do I know you're one of the good guys?"
"I work with Captain America?"
"Is he one of the good guys?"
"Yes." That was a solid answer, solid truth, he truly believed that.
"He sure seems like that so far." I murmur louder than I intended.
"He just has a lot bigger things on his plate at the moment."
"But you have time for me, a lone girl with out a place in the world. A girl whom you accidentally passed by. You have time for me?" I was absolutely skeptical, what was I worth to this man.
"Doll, everyone is worth something, sometimes it just takes someone else to show that to them." The nickname that he has been calling me is making me uneasy, generally nicknames that I received were derogative.
"It seems like you know an awful lot about this sort of thing." He looked away from you.
"Are you convinced I'm one of the good guys yet?" He asked completely ignoring the question. I decided to let him have this one, it's like I was being really open either.
"Hydra." I whispered and his head snapped in your direction so fast he could've gotten whiplash.
"What did you say?"
"Hydra." I repeated.
"How do you know them? Why are they after you?" He asked legitimately concerned.
"My mother gave me too them, I ran away from them." I shrugged indifferently.
"Do you know them?" I asked.
"Do I know them? I know them alright. The vile, evil, soulless people that work there gave me this arm." He said.
"Oh my, that does sound terrible." I said sarcastically.
"There's more to it, just like I'm sure there's more to your story. But your not gonna win my life story with a pretty face and sarcasm." I accidentally giggled a little. It's been a very long time since I even felt a smile on my face. I observed the space I was currently confined to, it looked like and small abandoned warehouse. A bunch of boxes scattered around the room, empty take away containers and a metal table that I remember waking up on.
"Stop that." Bucky interrupted my thoughts. I looked at him confused. He grabbed one of my hands.
"Look." I did as he said and looked down to my hand it was covered in blood. I had scratched open my stitches.
"Great." I murmur.
"I'll have to fix it again." You moved away from him instantaneously. You knew that meant a needle. He just sighed.
"Why are you so against needles?" He asked and I lifted my shirt to reveal my stomach covered in scars from where I had been repeatedly injected.
"One for each day of the week, not to mention extra ones for celebration." I gesture to my ribs. He looks taken aback.
"I'm sorry that you had to go through that." He said.
"Perhaps you'd like to do the stitches yourself?" He asks.
"I don't know how."
"I'll walk you through it." He pulled out the first aid kit. I began to feel faint from loss of blood and I felt myself falling.
"You're good doll, hang on to my shoulder." I grabbed a fistful of his shirt and once again hissed through the pain. Then he held the needle towards me and I flinched.
"It's okay Luella I'm not going to hurt you."
"It's L, don't call me that." He stayed silent holding the needle out to me. Eventually the stitches were done and I let out my breath not realising that I was holding it. After that was packed up Captain America walks in.
"We need to leave now they've found us." He announced and began packing things up.
"Who's found us?" I asked knowing exactly who it is that's found us. He doesn't respond.
"Hello Earth to Mr.Rogers? Are you there? Who has found us?" I asked again more impatiently.
"You don't need to know." He said brushing me off.
"Tell me." Once again he ignored me. I brought my fist down on the metal table causing a sizeable dint.
"Ella, please calm down, we need to leave now." Bucky says putting a hand on my leg. I take a deep breath before getting up and leaving, carrying all my current possessions, my id and the first aid kit. We hopped in a SUV parked out the back of the Warehouse.
"In the back." Steve shouts to me. I roll my eyes as I hop in the car. We speed off dramatically and after a long silence I finally speak up.
"So where are we going?" I asked.
"Somewhere." Steve replied bluntly.
"Steve-" Bucky started.
"Don't Steve me, I told you how I felt."
"Yeah you did, but that doesn't mean you have to be rude to her all the time. I know she's my responsibility but you could at least be civil." He tried to reason. The ride was quite after that