My Friend

So I was on the phone with my friend today and we were talking about GMW and the love triangle.

       She said that Lucaya was endgame and I was like no it's not, the love triangle isn't what you think. She asked how and I told her that Lucas and Maya were fighting over Riley not Maya and Riley fighting over Lucas.

       Her response was that the triangle is supposed to be about romance not friendship....

       That statement made me really upset. It's not that she's homophobic or anything she's just so used to hetero relationships that she can't even think about the possibility of a girl x girl relationship.

       This is exactly why Rilaya needs to happen. How are people supposed to accept homosexual relationships in real life, when they can't even accept them on tv?

       Disney is a very popular network especially in younger audience groups, so the more that people see of relationships like Rilaya, the more used to it they'll get.

       Disney shouldn't be so afraid to represent the different people in our society. Nick already has shows with homosexual relationships, so it's not like Disney has to pave the way alone.

       Boy Meets World defeated the whole issue with people of color(aka poc's) dating non poc's with Shawn and Angela, so why can't GMW defeat the issue of homosexual relationships?