Chapter 1

Olivia Morgan is a 21 year old witch from the New Orleans coven. She's known as the most powerful and when she was 11, she was banished from the coven because of her growing power. Since then, her power has only grown to be uncontrollable, scaring even her to the point of hiding it...until Elijah Mikaelson came to town.

Monsters feed from the darkness within themselves. That's what my magic does. It feeds from the vast amount of darkness inside of me, and every now and then, it bursts and does terrible things...that's why I have to avoid using it...for I fear that one day it will completely destroy me. That happened when I was ten years of age. It started growing immensely, well more than it usually did, and it started acting uncontrollable. When I was eleven, I was learning my magic with three of my witch friends, Abigail, Sophie and Rosie...when my magic started manifesting...and lightning emitted from me, hitting all three of them, Abigail in the leg, Sophie in the arm...Rosie in the heart. Rosie didn't survive and I was banished from my coven, left to fend for myself at merely eleven years old.

The man sings rather badly through the microphone, obviously drunk. After the song, he speaks into the microphone, "Thank you." He then jumps down from the stage and joins his friends, who hands him a drink. Being the girl I am, I steal the drink from him, downing it.

"Careful, Liv, wouldn't want you to get drunk." One of Marcel's friends, Thierry, laughs.

"I'm not a light-weight, like you, T." I laugh. Marcel turns to look at someone and we all turn to see Marcel and a handsome, curly blonde haired man staring back at him.

"Klaus."

"Marcel."

"Must be a hundred years since that nasty business with your papa." Marcel mutters.

"Has it been that long?" This Klaus person asks, slowly walking over to Marcel.

"The way I recall it, he ran you outta town. Left a trail of dead vampires in his wake." Marcel says coldly.

"And yet how fortunate you managed to survive. My father, I'm afraid, I recently incinerated to dust." Klaus growls. Half of the restaurant stand to their feet. 

"Well, if I'd known you were coming back in town, if I had a heads-up--" Marcel starts but the blonde interrupts him.

"What, Marcel? What would you have done?" Klaus asks.

"I'd have thrown you a damn parade." Marcel grins, embracing the man.

"Niklaus Mikaelson. My mentor, my savior, my sire. Let's get you a drink." Marcel grins and a few of his friends walk over to the back of the bar.

"You coming, Liv?" Marcel asks.

"No, I have to help with the Harvest if you get what I mean." I hint to Davina and he nods.

**

"Liv!" Davina grins, hugging me.

"Hey D." I smile.

"Have you heard? I think Marcel is going to kill Jane-Anne, she was doing magic..." Davina informs me. I gasp, sitting up and running off.

"I never said you could move the body. Matter of fact, I left her here for a reason: send a message. If anybody is thinking of joining some kind of rebellion, my rules state that witches can't practice magic in the Quarter and yet a little birdy informed me that Jane-Anne was cooking up something magically delicious. Oh, yeah. While I have you, quick Q&A. My old friend – the hybrid, Klaus – he just happened to show up out of the blue asking for, of all people, Jane-Anne. Any idea why?" Marcel asks.

"I don't know. Witches don't get involved in vampire business."

"Marcel!" I yell, walking up to them all. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm ruling my kingdom, Olivia, do you have a problem with that?" He doesn't wait for me to answer, "Tell you what, go back to the compound, help the night-walkers, and keep those tourists happy." he turns around, "Take the body."

"What? No! Stop! Stop! Marcel!" Sophie protests.

"I'm gonna hold on to your sister's body in case maybe you remember why Klaus is here."

"Marcel please. Her body won't be at peace." I beg. I may hate the witches, but I don't want them to suffer.

"Not my problem." Marcel calls while walking off.

**

"The doors work, you know." I hear Sophie say sourly as I watch from the shadows.

"You're doing magic?" One of Marcel's vampires, questions.

"I'm praying to my dead sister. Go ahead, pay your respects." Sophie snaps.

"Don't make this a thing, Sophie. The hybrid was looking for Jane-Anne-- Marcel wants to know why." Marcel's other vampire replies.

"Oh, that sounds like witch business. I'd say ask her yourself, but I guess you can't, seeing as Marcel killed her." She sasses him. One of the vampires goes to attack her but suddenly he vanishes. Something drops to the ground beside me...a heart. The other then disappears, and the next thing I know, he has a stake embedded into his chest, and he'a dead. A handsome tall, brown haired man straightens his coat and turns around to look at me.

"You may come out now." The man turns to me and I obey, walking out to stand beside Sophie. "I'm Elijah. You heard of me?"

"Yes." Sophie nods nervously. 

"So, why don't you tell me what business your family has with my brother?" Elijah suggests.