Ch. 1

A/N

The image above is the lovely Amber Heard. She plays Teegan Riley! Woohoo! And assume that this book is entirely from Teegan's POV unless told otherwise!

And the song on the side is the song talked about later in this chapter.

Let's get things started!

~•~

Click. Click. Click.

I tried to scribble down the notes that were written on the board.

Click. Click. Pop.

My hand twitched in frustration as I struggled to take the history notes that Mr. Collins was droning on about.

Click. Click. Pop. Click.

I turned in my seat abruptly to turn to the girl behind me. Her blue eyes showed amusement as he pink lips pulled into a smirk. I studied her round face with squinted eyes and a small frown. She brushed her chocolate brown hair out of her face and gave me a big grin before chewing her gum and blowing another bubble making it pop.

"Rainin. Knock it off!" I whisper yelled. "For once I'm actually trying to take notes, but your constant pen clicking and gum popping is seriously irritating me."

"Sorry doll." She said with a grin and I turned around knowing full well that she wouldn't stop.

Click. Click. Pop.

"Hey Tee." She whispered in my ear as she leaned forward on her desk. I purposely ignored her trying to hide the small smile that was tugging at my lips. "Issac is having a party on Friday. The whole pack will be there and since your eighteenth birthday is Thursday maybe we should go. Maybe you'll find your mate at the party!"

I turned around with wide eyes before glancing around the room.

"Rainin! Shut up! One of them might hear you!" I whispered as I glanced at the multiple humans in the room.

"Chill Teegan. They aren't paying attention to us. So do you want to go or not?" She said with an unamused look on her face.

"Whatever." I mumbled turning around again and look at the board, all of the previous notes had been erased to make room for new ones. I groaned and turned back to Rainin. "Yeah. Sure. Whatever. But I'm telling my parents I'm just spending the night at your house."

"Yay!" She said with a wide grin plastered on her face.

"Miss Taylor, Miss Riley, I sure hope your conversation is more important then the medieval times." Mr. Collins said as I turned to see him and half the class staring in our direction. A slight blush crept up my neck as I shook my head.

"Sorry Mr. Collins." I mumbled before he turned back to the board.

Seconds later the bell rang and class was dismissed. I quickly shoved all of my things in my bag and rushed to the door, Rainin hot on my heels. 

"So you wanna come over at like 4 Friday and we'll get ready for the party. Issac says it starts at 8 so we should probably show up around 9." Rain rambled as we walked toward the choir room. 

"Okay Rain. I get it. Can we plan this later?" I asked tiredly running a hand through my blonde hair.

"Yeah." She said, her smile dropping from her face slightly. "Whats wrong Tee?"

"Nothing." I sighed and took a deep breath before we stopped in front of the choir room door. "I'm just tired. Didn't get much sleep."

That was a lie. I was scared, no. scratch that. I was terrified. I'm turning eighteen. I'll finally be old enough to find my mate. And I should be happy. But I'm not. What if he, or she, decides I'm not good enough and rejects me? Or that they'll be intimidated that I'm the oldest child and heir to one of the strongest Alpha's in the Order of the United Alphas and that they would have to run the pack with me after my father? Oh god I hope not. But I wasn't about to tell Rain that. She would probably tell me I was being stupid and I needed to stop worrying but I couldn't.