She must have been watching them closely because she was there in an instant. Alice had eaten in the dining room several times in the last few days and her service had never been as good as it currently was and she had a feeling that it was because of Rainer. She was sure of it when the waitress batted her eyelashes, threw her hair over her shoulder, and cocked a hip.

Alice tried not to giggle as she ordered the big breakfast with an extra side of bacon. When she was done the waitress gave her a look of astonishment. Then turned to Rainer bending over with the pretense of not being able to hear him, but it really just gave him a good view of her ample bosom.

Rainer ordered the same thing she did minus the extra order of bacon and then handed over the menus. Alice watched as his glance dropped down to what was so obvious on display before he turned to her as the waitress walked away.

"Did you get a good look?" Alice asked grinning.

He looked at the waitress then back at her returning her grin. "Hey, if she's not shy why should I be?" he shrugged.

"Why indeed?" she agreed taking a sip of her water. He hadn't touched the lemon on his water glass so she asked if she could have it. He just waived his acceptance as he studied her.

"Are you always so blunt?"

"Yes." She said as she squeezed the lemons into her water. "My family says I lack a filter but I just consider myself a realist."

Rainer studied her, her honey brown hair was cropped short in a pixie style, her pale pink skin was make-up free and her hazel eyes were rimmed with a set of thick lashes. She looked like she was about eighteen in her little red sundress with cap sleeves.

"How old are you Alice?" Rainer took another sip of his coffee.

"Twenty-six, why?"

"You look about eighteen but you act like you're sixty." Alice had no comment for that so she just smiled politely. "My sister would have given me hell for checking out that waitress." He must have not expected her to comment as he continued.

"Why it's not as if the waitress was unaware of what she was offering. You seem to be a normal red blooded male and I have yet to meet one that wouldn't have looked."

He grinned again. "I like you Alice."

"Thanks."she said hoping that he liked her enough to get her an interview with Steven Douglas.

"Are you from Texas?" Rainer motioned for another cup of coffee and the waitress returned immediately to refill his mug. They're eyes meet while she poured the coffee and they were both fighting the urge do to bust out laughing but when the waitress pretended to knock a knife off the table and bent down to pick it up Alice couldn't hold it in anymore and had to cover her laugh with a cough.

Rainer held it together much better and thanked her with a sexy grin.

"Stop encouraging her. It is very embarrassing."

"How am I encouraging her?" he held up his hands in confusion.

"You need to be careful where you spread that lethal smile of yours."

"Lethal uh.... I'll have to think about that one. I don't think I've ever killed anyone."

Alice just shook her head with a smile at his corny joke, "In answer to your earlier question I am not from Texas. I'm born and bred New York."

"What do you do in New York?"

"I work at a magazine as a research assistant." Alice couldn't help but notice that he grew still as she gave the name of the magazine.