A Desert Journey

Note: As much as possible, I don’t want to copy the exact words from the book. I want to make it shorter, but still, understandable.

Scenario 1: You are at work… You still have lots of pending jobs to do. Overtime. Everybody is already going home. You are unsure if you can finish the work you are doing.

Scenario 2: It’s time for the most boring subject you have in your class. There’s still 2 1/2 hours left.

And now… let’s imagine ourselves in a desert…

1. You are riding a camel in a desert. You really feel tired and exhausted. What will you say to the camel who has been with you all throughout your journey in the desert?

2. You are really thirsty. Luckily, you saw an oasis. But you are surprised to see that someone has arrived before you. WHo is he/she? (A person you know).

3. Finally, your destination is already in sight. How do you feel now?

4. You have to leave the camel now since you already reached your destination. Another person will now ride to the camel. Who is he/she?

Key to A Desert Journey:

The desert and camel theme symbolizes the journey toward personal independence. Specifically, this scenario reveals your feelings about parting with a lover. Your answers show how you might react when the time comes to go your separate ways.

Meaning of your anwer to item #1: The words you spoke to the camel reveal what you might say to yourself when you realize love has been lost.

Meaning of your anwer to item #2: The person you encountered here could be someone who has helped or comforted you in the past or one you might turn to in times of need.

Meaning of your anwer to item #3: Your feelings upon reaching the town are your true feelings about finally getting over a lost love.

Meaning of your anwer to item #4: The new rider is a person toward whom you feel a secret rivalry, jealousy, or resentment.