Chapter 1- The Warrens

England, Lincolnshire 1977

She might have only been 20 years old but she had seen many things. She had discovered her "gift" as soon as she was 13 years old, around the time she'd had her first period.

Astro projection, they called it. At that time the Hans family in America were having some problems with the house they were living in, the church decided to stay out of it, there was nothing that they could do and encouraged that the family go a paranornal invesigator in. Instead, they got a 13 year old child in. It was one of her worst experiences, she had to fly to America, Rhode Island, to a large house in the middle of nowere and help vanquish a ghost.

"Please, just bless the house". The girl urged Father Matthews as she sat right in front of him, refusing to move until he agreed he would. "This family, they have children, five children, and there worried for there life".

"I'm sorry Fiona, you know that I don't work like that anymore". He apologised solemly. "Its dangerous, and if you had any sense, you would stay out of it and leave it to the professionals...".

"We are the professionals". Fiona had yelled, beginning to get furious. "Just a blessing, please Father, they need this". He looked hesitant, like he was about to give in, his eyes closed briefly, when he opened them, Fiona knew she'd won her case. "Say you will!".

"Fine". The priest sighed standing up and taking of the robe. "Fine, I'll do it, you coming?".

Fiona stood up. "What do you need?".
__________________________
America, Rhode Island

Ed and Lorrain Warren sat in front of the panelist as question after question was thrown at them, it was surprising as to how many people were interested in the supernatural.

"How do you know that it wasn't a hoax?". A member of the auidence had asked. Lorraine looked to Ed, that was a question that seemed to come up all the time. "I mean, how do you that the family were not just doing it so they'd gain publicity or what not?".

"Well". Ed spoke into the microphone. "Of course, with all cases theres always the possibility of a hoax, we look at all the possibilities and back them up with enough evidence to put them down on the mark". He shrugged. "But hey, does it not say something when the church turns there back?".

Lorraine continued. "We witnessed a young girl, levitating of the ground, we also witnessed a door being ripped of it hinges and being thrown across one of the rooms".

Another question was asked. "What is the worst thing you have experienced?"

"Well thats not really a question that we are able to answer, everything we've seen have been a horrible experience". Lorraine spoke. "We try to help as best as we can, and most of the time we do suceed".

"Most of the time?".

"Well yes, I'm sure that most of you have heard of the Crosby murders up in the moors? Unfortanualy we were not able to stop that". Ed spoke solemly.
___________________________
England, Lincolnshire

Fiona guided the priest up the path of the three story house, it was safe to say that it was a very characteristic house with Victorian features. The priest had felt something as soon as he put a fist to the door to nock, it was like a current ran through his arm, stopping right at his shoulder.