Chapter 5

Authors Note: I'm such a shit person and I update so late I know, i'm sorry sorry sorry, btu updates are going to be quicker because dramas calming down, so hopefully, maybe a chapter ever fortnight or so? idkkk 

Verity xxx

Madison’s P.O.V

I headed down the school hall, clutching my books to my chest, humming along to All Time Low singing in my ears as I grinned.

I was seeing All Time Low tonight.

Tonight.

I didn’t think anything could ruin my mood as I opened my locker, coming face to face with the band pictures stuck all up the inside. I shoved my books in and snatched out the latest issue of ‘Kerrang!’ to read over lunch. Just as I slammed my locker door shut, I was faced with Josh Cuthbert leaning against the locker next to mine. I groaned audibly and rolled my eyes, yanking out a headphone.

“What do you want Cuthbert?” I snapped, sighing and raising an eyebrow.

He stood, leaning against his locker still, with his arms folded, small smirk playing at his lips “Just wanted to know how you were doing Maddie, I mean, I understand George has been giving you some trouble, and you know, I’m always here to help.” His voice was soft as he spoke, stepping towards me, coming slightly too close for comfort.

I scoffed “Do I look like I need your help?” I muttered, turning to walk away but he was fast, and before I knew what was happening his hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into his chest, his hands landing on my hips, securing me.

“I think you do,” He murmured, leaning down to whisper in my ear “You’re vulnerable underneath all this…black stuff,” his lips connected with the skin under my ear as I gasped a little before I could stop myself “And, I could help you, give you everything you wanted.” I could feel him sucking a small mark into my skin after he finished his sentence and I let out a quiet whimper before pushing him off.

“Get the fuck off me you creep.” I spat, glaring and pushing past him.

He reached to stop me again, but this time I was quick as I shoved him off me, sending him tumbling back into the lockers “Are you deaf?” I snapped “Leave me alone.” I stormed off down the corridor.

I took a detour to the bathroom to see the damage Josh had caused to me neck. I walked in to see a group of popular girls giggling and applying pink gloss onto their lips. I rolled my eyes and walked to the mirror furthest from them as they shot me glares.

I leaned forwards, dumping my back next to me and examining the small bruise beginning to form on my neck “Fucking love bite, he gave me a fucking love bite.” I muttered angrily to myself, ghosting my fingers over the area and shivering.

I let my hands drop to hold onto the counter surrounding the sink harshly as I heard sniggers from the crowd next to me. I shook my head and snatched my bag from next to me and stormed out the bathroom. But not before turning and sticking my middle finger up at them all.

My mood was destroyed, and now I was pissed off, angry, for fucks sake, people suck.

George’s P.O.V

I walked next to JJ, Josh’s best friend, as we headed to our usual table in the canteen, food in hand. He was stressing out, his girlfriend having just become pregnant and they both wanted to keep it, but their parents wanting the complete opposite. JJ was alright, he was just another one of Josh’s minions I guess, like me, and underneath, I reckon we both despised it, but we dealt with it, just so we could get out of here without much fuss.

We sunk down into our seats, pulling our food closer “Ah man, you missed a show earlier, you know that bet you and Josh have?” JJ smirked, shoving a chip into his mouth.

I sighed and nodded, biting my lip and rubbing my forehead “Yeh, I remember.” I looked down and played with my food “What about it?”

JJ chuckled “Josh got completed owned my Madison Oliver.” He grinned and my head shot up.

“What? What happened? What did you do to her?” My voice rose before I could stop myself, they both looked at me, confused, before I shook it off and rolled my eyes “I mean, what did she do?” I smirked softly.

Josh glared “Nothing,” He snapped, looking at JJ like he wanted to kill him “She did nothing.”

JJ’s laughing grew louder “Bullshit Cuthbert, you tried to seduce her and she called you a creep and pushed you into the lockers.” He grinned at me and I burst out laughing.

“Fucking hell Josh, you tried to seduce her?” I breathed, shaking my head and laughing still.

He shoved his chair back, growling gently as he knocked his tray of food over onto the floor in anger “Yes, I also managed to give her a hickey, so shut the fuck up.” Josh yelled before kicking his chair over and storming out the canteen, pushing everyone who didn’t move out the way in the process, leaving me and JJ in fits of laughter.

Madison’s P.O.V

I rushed around my room, looking for my Doc Martens as Jaymi stood in the doorway, shaking his head and smiling fondly “Maddie, seriously, you look great, and we have loads of time, we are setting out like 3 hours early and it is just down the road.” He chuckled and I rolled my eyes and bit my lip.

“I’m sorry, it’s just, it’s All Time Low, Alex Gaskarth, Jaymi, we could run into him and Jack and Rian and Zack and I want to look half decent.” I squeaked, finally finding my boots and slipping them on.

“I know who it is Maddie, but you look amazing.” He insisted as I shook my head and walked to the mirror, fixing my hair and checking my eyeliner. I stepped back, glancing my clothes; ripped skinny jeans, All Time Low t-shirt, leather jacket and Doc Martens. My eyes were heavily lined with eyeliner and I had a black line smudged across my cheek with a slightly darker lip that usual, I was happy with it.

I turned to Jaymi, grabbed my phone and bag off the side and grinned “Lets go.”

He nodded and smiled back just as wide as we headed out the door, down the stairs (saying a quick goodbye to everyone in the process whilst Dad handed Jaymi the keys to his car and gave strict warnings about safety and so on) and out to the car. We got in and he started the engine, I flicked on the radio, his All Time Low CD beginning to play loudly as he shot me a grin before heading off down the road.

As we drove past the Shelley’s house next door, George was just opening the door to his car, he looked different, black skinny jeans and converse, I didn’t get the chance to see what his shirt was before we’d driven past, but I did notice the small smile he sent me as we locked eyes.

I shrugged off his differences and shook my head, kicking my feet up onto the glove box of the car and singing along with Jaymi as we headed to the Slam Dunk Festival.

Looking out at a town called suburbia,

Everybody’s just fighting to fit in,

Little rats, running mazes, having babies,

It’s a vicious little world,

That we live in.

Looking back at a life on the other side,

I realised that I didn’t fit in,

Didn’t hate it but I didn’t quite relate it,

To my precious little world.

So long live the reckless and the brave,

I don’t think I wanna be saved,

My song has not been sung.

And long live the fast times,

So come on may I,

Don’t think I’ll ever be saved,

Our song has not been sung.

Long live us…