Meeting The Family

Chapter 3

Emily Pov

It's been a week since my shift, and my mom took my early shifting rather surprising, but she accepted it. I also told her about Daniel being my mate, and she suggested that I should go to the private school that Daniel's pack had set up for a human/vampire free environment. This school, however, costs a whole heck of a lot, but it pays off when you just so happen to be Luna of that pack. Score for me!! Wow, my nerdy mind would never think that, so that was weird. Anyways, I informed Daniel about this, and even though he was sad about not seeing me in school, he knew that since we were mates, me being in a different school, well, his pack's private school, would be for the best.

One peaceful Thursday at 4 in the afternoon, a worried and rather embarrassed Daniel comes storming into my house, rubbing the back of his neck like the world dependent on it. He ran towards me once he spotted me in the kitchen, and engulfed my now petite frame into a large and warm hug, but a tight and barely breathable one at that. He let go with still that look of worry in his blue eyes.

What on this freaking planet is wrong with him?

"Daniel, I don't mean to intrude on your personal life, but would you mind telling me whatever is the matter?" I said in my nerdy accent.

"My parents, my family" was all he managed before he stormed out of the kitchen to plop himself on the couch as if this were his own home.

"What about them?" I asked.

"They came to my house for dinner last night, and my mom could smell the scent of a female in the house, which was your scent when you came over last week to watch movies with me. Anyways, she got all excited and asked me who it was, and I tried telling her that it was just a student who comes here often for tutoring lessons, but the crazy lady wouldn't believe me, so I had no choice but to tell her the truth, and she demanded that you come and meet them." he said in one mouthful. Wait, ME MEET HIS FAMILY?!

I bet they wont like me. I look like a nerdy freak, sure I don't have a chubby body, but I'm still naturaly curvy, which makes me still have a little self-esteem issues. Daniel seems to like it considering he NEVER takes his dang eyes off of me. I collect myself together and answer him as confidently as I could. There was nothing to worry about, right? I mean, this is his family.

"Sure, when shall we go and see them?" I asked with a rather confident voice. Wow, I did good. Daniel took a long surprising glace at me before replying.

"Really?! Well, tonight actually, for dinner at my parent's house. I must warn you though. I have A LOT of siblings, some closer to your age." he said. I hope he has a sister. I actually miss my best friend, Holly. She moved to another pack when her mom found her second chance mate a year ago(she's two years younger that Holly), so I haven't seen her much. I just text her.

"Oh, okay. Well, let me go and get ready then." I said as I gracefully strolled back into my room.

What to wear, oh what to wear. This is one of those times where you really need a best friend. After about 5 minutes of searching, my eyes landed on the perfect navy blue dress perfect for the occasion. *A/N dress on the side----à * After putting the dress and matching heels on, I go to my bathroom to fix my hair and put on some makeup. I stick simple with the make-up and add just mascara, eyeliner, natural colored eyeshadow, and lip gloss. Next came my hair, which frizzed up in the lowest of humidity weather days. I decided to leave my hair in their natural curls flowing freely down my back. I check my clock and see that we need to get going, so I decent down the stairs trying my best not to trip in these death traps they call shoes. Nerds don't wear heels, so get over it.

"Wow, you look so beautiful." my mate, Daniel said as he twirled me around.

"Thank you, but we need to be going." I said as I pointed to his wrist watch.

"Indeed we do." he said as he led me to his car.

~~~~~~~~~~~

15 minutes later...

We finally make it to his parents' house, which is VERY big if I say so myself. Daniel leads me to the door, and he rings the doorbell, and a cute girl around 12 answers it.

"BUBBA!!" the girl yells as she jumps into my mate's arms. She has to be his sister. They have the same colored hair, except that she has brown eyes while Daniel has blue.

"Hey, Lizzie. What's my little chipmunk been up to?" he asked her.

"Well, I'm trying to enjoy life in middle school, which is so different that elementary school. Did you know that they don't have recess?! Who does that?!" she said as she hopped out of his grasp, taking a good look at me before cracking a smile.

"Is this her, your mate? She's very pretty, and looks almost around my age." she said.

"Yes I am, and I'm 16, how old are you?" I asked her.

"11, so what, there's a 5 years difference. You're a girl, I'm a girl, same thing." she said as she opened the door wider for us to come in.

I noticed that his ENTIRE family, which looked like a lot, was arranged in what looked like mom, dad, and siblings by age. Daniel Took me down the line for each one.

"Emily, this is my mom, Mary." he said. She was very pretty. She had long and really dark brown hair, like Daniels, but had the same chocolate brown eyes as Lizzie.

"This is my dad, Richard." he said. Richard was manly looking with blonde hair and blue eyes like Daniel.

"This is my slightly younger brother and beta of this pack, Derek. He's 20." he said. No offense to my handsome mate, but Derek was very cute, but still no where near as cute as Daniel. He almost looked like a younger version of their father with his light brown hair and the family male blue eyes.

"This is my slightly younger sister, Lydia. She's 19." Daniel said. Lydia actually looked like a female version of my mate with her dark brown hair and greenish blue eyes.

"This is my baby brother and third in command, Allen. He's 17." he said. Allen actually shouldn't be classified as a baby brother considering his age. He's older than me.

"and of course you met little 11 year old Lizzie already." he chuckled out as the little girl gave him a puppy dog face.

After the long and mighty introduction, his mom calls to everyone that dinner is done, so the large family, considering myself since I'm family, Lydia's mate Ian, and Allen's mate Kristen. Derek, as I was told, hasn't found his mate yet, but he was determined to keep looking for her. I now kinda feel sorry for my mate. He didn't find me until he was freaking 22, but I guess he's fine now that he has me. We enjoy a lovely meal of roasted beef with boiled potatoes. After the dinner, Daniel escorts me back to my dump of a home compared to his parents.

"Goodnight, princess." he says as he leans in and plants a long and passionate kiss on my lips.

"Goodnight" I reply as I shut the door.

What.a.night.

Hey guys! hoped ya liked it! if you want to know who plays the family members, look at the cast chapter to figure it out. Lydia and Allen's mates are not on there yet, but I am fixing to update that to where they are.

Enjoy the book!!

pic on the side is Lizzie---->

vote

comment

share