Blind Attraction(Once Shot)

It was supposed to last forever. At least that's what Alex told Grace right before he left. He had promised her that when she woke up he would be standing right next her. Like it had been since they had met. But when she opened her eyes, he was gone. The worse part is that she never even got to see his face. 

It all started at the end of the school year. Grace was walking down the hall when she suddenly tripped. As she struggled to get up she heard a boy's voice, "Are you okay? That looked like a nasty fall."

"Oh, ya. I-I'm fine," she said trying to get her bearings. 

"Here, let me help you. Are you sure you don't need to go to the nurse?" the boy asked again as he lifted her up by the arm. 

"I'm fine, thank you, though..." Grace said, looking around to find the source of the voice.

"Here, I'm right here." A hand gently cupped her face to her right. "Hi, there." His warm breath flew into Grace's face. She took a step backward, realizing their close proximity. " Umm, hi. Thanks again, but I'm fine, really. If you could just lead me to the direction of the buses, I'll be fine." Grace said with a smile.

The boy took her arm, took the rest of her things into his arms and said, "Your chariot awaits madame." 

Grace chuckled before letting him walk her to the buses. " My name is Alex by the way. I'm actually kinda new. I only came here a month ago, so if we end up on the other side of school it's not my fault." Grace smiled again. "My name is Grace and don't worry, I'm pretty good at directions despite being blind." 

Alex stopped walking, "Oh, um...I wasn't...I mean..." Grace laughed again, " That's okay. I find it's better to get it over with when I met new people. Sorry if that startled you, but it's really fine. I was born with it so I'm used to it. " 

Alex started walking again. "So you're like a modern day Helen Keller?" Grace laughed, "Yup, that's what they call me." 

When they finally reached the buses, Alex said, " So here we are. I guess I'll see you around?" Grace smiled, " More like you will see me but I won't see you." Alex chuckled before saying good bye and walking away. 

=====================================================================================

It had been a couple weeks since Grace met Alex and Grace couldn't be happier. She already had friends before Alex, but Alex was different. Her friends were great but they spent a lot of their time keeping her sheltered. Even though Grace has reminded them repeatedly that she doesn't need to be protected, they never listen. 

Alex, on the other hand, enjoyed showing her new places. She was able to go to places she had never been to despite living in the same town for almost 18 years. When she was with him she felt protected but also free to enjoy herself. Grace didn't feel suffocated by his presence like she felt sometimes with her friends. Alex gave her space to enjoy herself and for a long time, Grace finally felt normal. She felt like a regular girl enjoying her time with a regular boy. 

The day started like any normal day, with Alex waking her up to go on another adventure together. Since the beginning of summer Grace and Alex have been spending a lot of time together either going to new places around town or just having fun together. 

"Hello? Grace, are you awake yet? I'm coming inside!" Alex said, walking into the house. "One second!" Grace yelled out from the living room. Alex made himself at home by taking some food out of the fridge. Alex had been to her house so many times it had started to feel like a second home to her. Grace walked into the kitchen, using the wall as a guide. "Hi there, making yourself at home?" She said teasingly. "You know it, you ready yet? Today is going to be a special day so we have to hurry up if we want to get there in time!" He said, his voice muffled by only what Grace could guess as food. She smiled before making her way to the door.