Chapter 8

This chapter is about both Niall and Marly's(the girl) past and why they are both "broken" although I wouldn't use that term, it's the only thing I could think of, haha. :) (please, PLEASE don't get offensive! I didn't mean to, honestly!!)

___________________________

Niall's P.O.V

Junior Year

"Hey, Niall," He ruffled my hair before roughly pushing me aside. I quickly gained my balance and glanced up at Bruce who was smirking.

"H-Hi, Bruce," I mumbled, looking down at my shoes.

"So, who's your date to the Junior prom?" He nudged me before completely freezing and saying, "Oh, wait, I forgot! You're a fucking nerd which nobody gives a fuck about!" He chuckled and walked away with his group who were snickering at the awfully mean comment. I continued to walk past the glares and disgusted looks. A smile was present on my face before I walked into homeroom.

"Good morning, Niall!" My homeroom teacher greeted me. I politely replied with a good morning back as I sat down in my assigned seat which was the first desk in the front row. I sat quietly, waiting for the rest of my classmates to walk in. It was just me and my teacher. "Ready for your prom tonight?" The teacher asked me.

"Yeah," I quietly answered, smiling at him. He slightly nodded with a smile before looking back at his laptop. I fiddled with my fingers as the rest of the class walked in, talking to their friends. I sat there, waiting for announcements to end and the bell to ring. Eventually, everything ended and began, which made me less grumpy.

I was looking forward to my classes with everybody. The lessons we were taught always intrigued me to no end. Quickly escaping the crowded hallway, I entered my first period class and sat down in the front of the classroom. Familiar faces entered the room and sat in their usual seats. An unfamiliar face caught my eye; I have never seen him before. He scanned the room, glancing at me as I politely smiled at him.

He looked away and showed the teacher a pass. The teacher nodded and pointed to an empty seat in the back of the classroom. I felt bad for the guy; you can barely see anything on the board back there. I sat up and jotted down everything the teacher was writing. The teacher was rudely cut off by someone shouting in the classroom.

"Aye, Blondie in the front!" I turned around and glanced at the new kid who was staring at me. I had figured out it was him who disrupted our lesson. Well, that's a bit rude. "I'm talking to you, faggot," He spoke up again as he continued to stare at me. My eyes slightly widened at his tone; he was talking to me?

"Y-Yes?" I whispered. I glanced at the teacher who was staring at the kid, not even scolding him for calling me a mean name.

"Mind moving your fat head? Can't see the notes," He smirked as half of the class laughed.

"Oh, I-I'm so sorry," I moved over as I heard ugly ass come from his mouth. I ignored it and the teacher continued to teach. I was slightly disappointed. This was my favorite teacher out of all my teachers. I was lacking my focus on todays lesson, which wasn't normal to me; it scared me.

•••

"Have a good day, Mr. Wells!" I waved to my eighth period teacher as he mimicked my move and said goodbye. I walked down the nearly empty halls, quietly humming my favorite song.

"Hey! Ugly ass blonde!" I stopped walking and turned around, facing the rude kid from first period.

"Hello," I kindly smiled at him. He gave me a weird look before shaking his head.