He Opens Up

It wouldn’t take long, his trusting personality both his downfall and redemption. Yeah, he’d wait until he was really sure to completely bear his heart, but you made it easy. You were easy to trust, easy to talk to, easy to hug so tight his troubles seemed to go away without a word. So it wouldn’t be so much a point in time, but little bits here and there, whispers over cuddles, low comments in the dark of night, ponderings in the morning as he’d shake sleep from his eyes. Every day you’d get glimpses into what was really going on inside his head, inside his heart. Every day you’d learn more what it meant to be famous, how it felt, what kind of strain he was put under by his management, by the press, by the fans. Not that it was all bad, but even good things can be stressful, even good things can be hard and real and raw. And with such a compassionate persona, he’d need you to understand him. He’d need you to listen and help him keep a level head about it all. He’d need you to not judge him when he was having a rough day, need you to be patient with his back-tracking—never wanting to say too much or offend anyone or come across as a complainer, need you to prod him on a little bit, assuring him that it was okay. He could get angry or sad or upset with it all every once in a while and just let it all out without fearing someone’s feelings getting hurt. It was just you and him and nothing he said would ever leave the confidence of your heart. And sometimes, he’d just need you to let him lay his head on your lap, need your fingers running through his hair, need your worried eyes fixed on his face as he’d drawl on and on. Because sometimes he simply needed to know you cared.