Chapter 2

Naruto

I just moved into this neighborhood, I moved here with my adopted father Iruka. I lived here once before but we left and now we're back. I sighed, "dad?" 

"Yes Naruto?" He asked tiredly, organizing the living room. 

I thought about it for a moment while watching him unpack, "never mind.." I looked back down to the frame I was holding of my first love and I.

He looked up at me, "what is it?" 

I sighed, "what... what if I.. see him... again?"

Iruka thought for a moment, while looking at me, "I.. I dunno, Naruto.. I don't know.." He seemed upset that he couldn't help, "wanna go for milkshakes later? Ya know, before the big day tomorrow?" 

I chuckled, rolling my eyes and taking more boxes up stairs into my room. 

We took our seats and I rested my head as Iruka ordered for us. He got boring vanilla and I got mint cookies and cream. I had anxiety issues so Iruka didn't ever have me order for myself, but sometimes he'd make me at very small places just so I could start to get used to it. As I looked outside, I saw it was pouring rain. I groaned as the bell rang meaning someone had come in. 

The guy pulled his hood down and I realized it was the cute guy with that blonde bitch from earlier. He stood there scrolling through his phone as a bunch of noises came up, which I assumed were messages, he just put his phone on vibrate and slipped it into his pocket. He looked over and I quickly hid my face, blushing slightly. 

"Naruto? You okay?" 

I shook my head.

"What's wrong?" He rubbed my arm. 

"That's the guy from the cafe.." 

"Oh, a new friend?" He chuckled, "why you hiding?" 

I shrugged, "he isn't a friend.. his girlfriend was a bitch and he just took up for me." 

"If it's nothing then why you hiding?" 

I peeked up angrily. 

He chuckled as the waitress brought us our shakes, and I hid in the corner like a stalker occasionally peeking over.

One of the waiters sat in front of him laughing, he had white hair and sharp teeth. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I saw the dude from the cafe hand him over money as the other looked around carefully and then handed him a bunch of weed. 

I gasped, and they quickly looked over as I quickly looked out the window and drank my milkshake.