Breed Me Royally : The Royal Mates Series

Lisa slipped through the brush, keeping her eyes on the forest surrounding her. Today was a grand hunt, the day wall humans were free to be captured. If she wasn't careful she too would be caught. The wet leaves under her feet made no noise, not even a whisper.

She managed to enter her home before the packs of hunters thundered through her valley. “Find them! They can't be far!”

“Over here sir! Found one!”

“Help!” A girl shrieked, “Help me!” closing her eyes Lisa refused to open her door and help. She wasn't risking her neck for others anymore. The girl's pleas faded off as the hunters moved away from her door step. Finally Lisa pushed off the wall and headed to her kitchen.

Things hadn't always been this odd. She used to go to school, learn stuff more than what you should and shouldn't eat in the forest. The pots clanked together dully, making her sigh. As much as she wanted to stay safe she wanted something exciting to start!

Something to make her blood run, her heart race. To be able to use her abilities. If only Zyra hadn't been captured....

-

-

-

Lace leaned against a wall as his father lectured him once again. What had he done wrong? Nothing much more that break someone's arm for touching him. His tail twitched behind him and his ears flattened against his skull.

He was a hybrid. Not something to be desired in this world. He was lab born, not birthed from a real female just the egg and his father's sperm and an incubation chamber. It sucked.

All he got was how he should stop being different and start being the wolf he was made to be. Made. The word repeated itself in his mind over and over again like a bad word.

Having had enough of his father's bull crap he shoved off the wall, arms still crossed over his chest, and walked out of the small office, out of the building and through the gates. The stares and glares of his village burned through his body. Why him? Why did he have to be so different?

Oh yeah, because his mother had to be a filthy human for the experiment to work properly.

Lance struck a nearby tree with enough force to crack it in half. It tumbled down in front of him with a echoing thunk, scaring birds and other prey alike. But it didn't cool his anger. “Jace...I wonder my sword brother, if you would welcome me now?”

His village screamed behind him, darting towards the mess he had made. But Lance didn't flinch, didn't speak. He just started walking. And didn't stop.