I Know What I Said

*Alex's POV*

  I woke quite suddenly. There was a throbbing pain in my head, and I felt as though I would be sick any moment. I groaned.

  I don't remember too much from last night, but I remember a lot, considering how much I drank. I remember that it was just Miles and me, and we were sitting by the pool in his backyard. We must have drunk almost a full bottle of wine. Looking around, I saw a couple of beer bottles littering the floor. Seeing them almost made me throw up right there.

  I remember another thing, though. I remember it so well, in fact, that it was as if I was completely sober last night. But of course, I was far from it.

  Miles proposed to me. We'd been dating for four years now. There wasn't a ring or anything. Just us, drunkenly laughing with our feet in the water, when he slurred, "Al...I love ya, will ya marry me?"

  And after he said it, he passed out like deer being tranquilized.

  God knows I would've said yes, but I was worried he didn't mean it. We had quite the piss-up last night.

  I looked at the time, twelve forty-two, and rolled over. Miles was sprawled out next to me, snoring. I shook him lightly. "Mi, Love, wake up." He groaned and opened his eyes. "'Mornin', Al," he greeted. "It's almost one in the afternoon, you knob," I joked. He smiled, sitting up.

  "Oh, dear lord.." He said, frowning. Without a word, I got up and went to get some ibuprofen and water. I could tell his hangover was worse than mine.

  "Thanks, Love," Miles told me as I handed him the medicine. We sat in silence for a while, cross-legged on the floor. I took a breath.

  "Hey, Mi, I got summat to ask ya," I started with. Miles nodded. "Go ahead."

  "Um, when we were...kinda shit-faced-" I laughed -"You asked me something." "Mhm, and?" "And, I was wondering, since you were, uh, drunk, if you meant it.

  "The question..." I continued, "you, uh...you asked me to marry you."

  "Oh, I know what I said, Alex."

  "Oh. Did you...mean it? Cause if you did, lord, I'd have totally said ye-"

  "Then let's get married."

  "...you meant it?" I asked, looking up. "Yeah. I did. I know I don't have a ring, I just - god, I love you, Alex." Miles smiled.

  "Let's make it real this time," Miles said suddenly. "Stand up." I did as he told me.

  He knelt down in front of me. I giggled. "Alexander Turner," he started cheekily, "Will you just be my goddamn husband already?"

  I laughed, nodding. "Yes, I'll be your goddamn husband, Miles."

((Hey! Hope you liked this; I think I'm gonna start posting a bunch of little one-shots in the future! Again, this was based off of a prompt I saw on tumblr. If you have any one-shot suggestions, let me know!))