Chapter 1

I don't own The Flash or its characters, only my OC and the plot

I was peacefully sleeping, dreaming about worlds that were so out of my reach, when I was rudely interrupted by my alarm clock. Sadly, I could not sleep forever, and so I saw myself in the obligation of getting out of bed and ready for work. Even though I loved by job, the best one I could've gotten being right out of college, it still pained me to leave my bed every morning.

The police field had always been something that piqued my curiosity, but specially the forensic science field. Chemistry had always been a subject that ignited a sense of passion deep within my being, and it just happened that I was good at it, and I obviously enjoyed it. I guess watching so many police dramas and TV shows when I was a child just added to my interest in the mayor. Fortunately, I happened to be one of the top graduates of my mayor, which, alongside some work experience I gained while I studied, landed me a job at my local police department.

The same way as you seek for fantasy worlds when you go to sleep, I used TV shows to escape reality for a bit. Back then, taking into account my interest in the unexplained, fictional words, it didn't really come as a surprise the fact that I was into the Flash. Work could sometimes be too much, or even become a bit boring when paperwork was all left to do, so I relinquished in the idea of living the life of Barry Allen; working in my dream job, but also having a bit of magic to it. Obviously, with some drawbacks, as everything in life, but still amazing.

Lost in my thoughts, I had failed to realize that it was already a bit late. If I happened to leave even a minute later, I would miss every green light there possibly was. I did not have a car, yet, but traffic was still important to pedestrians, you know. Taking my keys and locking my house, I headed out to another busy morning.

However, as if I had just ran out of luck, my preoccupied mind failed to notice an object coming at me at full speed, and before I realized it, everything had gone dark.

The next thing I noticed was some kind of noise that, for the life of me, I could just not make out. My head was hurting, and my thoughts were just a mess. What in the world had happened to me? Where was I? Something (someone?) was touching my face, and I tried to move, even stand up. Unfortunately, my body would not listen to me and refused to heed my commands. Instead, I opted for the safest option, and tried opening my eyes, which actually worked. Everything was too bright for a moment, to which I squinted my eyes until they adjusted to the light. Someone was looking down at me, and this was when my sense of hearing gradually returned.

The person who had been patting my face, in an attempt to make me gain consciousness, I believed, was moving their mouth, but I still could not hear them well. My ears were ringing a bit. Fortunately, they seemed to understand that I was not understanding them at all, and I guessed they noticed because of my expressions. Since I was a child, my parents told me that my face was a door to my thoughts, and it kind of became the reason I was normally so openly read. Anyways, back to the situation at hand, the stranger laughed, and offered me their hand. I gladly took it, and they helped me up.

"Thank you," I ended up muttering. They just looked at me and smiled. Who would've thought that me being late would end up like this?

"No problem. Are you alright, though?" They asked, tilting their head a bit to the right. The action just stuck me as cute, and I ended up giggling a bit. It may have been my imagination, but this stranger seemed awfully familiar. At least, that was what I though back then.

"Yeah..." as I was still a bit confused, I looked at my surroundings, trying to identify where I was, "This may seem a bit weird, but could you please tell me where I am? I think the... what in the world happened to me?" As always, confusion was written all over my face and, in my haze, I ended up muttering the last part. My hand, as a nervous habit, just reached up to my neck while I turned to look back at the stranger, and apologetic expression dancing around my features. "I'm really sorry, I must've confused you a lot."

"Oh, no, not at all. It's understandable, I would also be confused if I ended up unconscious in the sidewalk." That just made me even more confused, which they must've noticed, because they immediately shot out their hand for me to shake. "I'm sorry, how rude of me. My name's Barry Allen. My pronouns are he/him."

"Oh, such a pretty name. I'm Amy Ross," I said while my hand met his. However, my mind wandered: where had I heard this guy's name before? Even his demeanor and his appearance, those light blue eyes and brunette hair, seemed so familiar to me, but, at the same time, I was sure I had never met him before.

"Thank you," he said as he nervously laughed, "you have a pretty name, too."

"Oh!" He had caught me off-guard. If I am being honest, I have never been keen on receiving compliments, they just made me beyond awkward. Even so, this time, I was set on finding out exactly why this person was familiar to me. I stared at him for a bit, before his expression threw me off and made me realize I had, in fact, been staring. "Oh, God, I'm so sorry. It's just... have we met before? I swear I had seen you around somewhere..."

"I don't know. Have you ever been around the police department? I work there, maybe you've seen me before," Police department? No, I worked there, I would've noticed him right away. Something just didn't make sense, and as I extensively searched my memories in hope I could find out something, something lit up inside my head.

"Oh, no. Hey, what year is it?" I asked, almost grabbing him by the shoulders so he wouldn't avoid the question. Poor guy, he looked as if he was scared out of his mind.

"Um... 2014, why?"

"Wait! Let me finish. So, has the particle accelerator exploded yet?"

He nodded, "Yeah, about a year ago. Look, lady, I don't know what is happening, but are you alright?" he said, as he looked at me funny. I was probably scaring him.

"This is insane," I proceeded to grab him, this time, by the shoulders firmly and stare at him in awe. Cue word vomit. "Oh, my God! This is insane! I know you think this is weird, but I really admire you. I don't even know how I ended up here, but this is a dream come true! Do you know how many times I wished to meet you, and not just the actor you, but the real you?" I was smiling like there was no tomorrow, and he just looked, honestly, confused and a little bit scared, not willing to make me let go of his shoulders in fear of my rection. "I mean, how amazing is it that I get to meet The Flash in person!"

I think I chose the wrong thing to say, because next thing I knew, he had looked around, making sure nobody was nearby, and speed-ran us both to a near alley, where he pinned me against the wall.

"Okay, now, that's enough. Just who are you and how do you know all of this?" His demeanor completely changed, going from calm and confused to threatened and a bit angry. Me, being the idiot I was, and adding that up to the fact that I was a bit dizzy for the speed-run, just opened and closed my mouth, not finding the words on how to explain what was going on. Half because I wasn't even sure what was going on, and the other half because I did not want to anger Barry further. While I tried to find my voice, he just seemed to stare me down, hard, which only resulted in making me even more of a nervous wreck.

"I... I guess this all seems so weird to you," I said while nervously laughing and avoiding his gaze. "I guess I come from another dimension. I don't know, man, I'm just as confused as you are, so could you please give me some space?! Geez, are you trying to kill me, or what?" He got the hint, because he just backed away from me, but not enough to give me space to leave. He stood some distance away, and now he was glaring at me with his arms crossed across his chest.

"Other dimension? What in the world are you talking about?" Barry seemed extremely confused. I wouldn't blame him; I was just as confused.

"Look, I'm not sure, but I could explain what I think is happening somewhere where I don't feel threatened? I don't know, a café or something? Coffee sounds really good right now," I finally gained the courage to look up at him in the eyes, and his answer consisted of a sigh and relaxing his stance, bringing his crossed arms to his side.

"Well, then let's go to Jitters," he decided, while taking my arm and putting me before him, gently pushing me out of the alley and onto Jitters.

[Edited; 19/10/2020]