The Bet - Double Trouble

Start from the beginning

Unfortunately, Chloe is disagreeing with me because she says, “That’s a good idea!”

Is she really this optimistic?

“Four popcorns then?” Draky asks.

“Just two,” Parker comments, “I’ll share with Chloe and you share with Sophia."

My eyes widen at that. I have to—

“Anything else?” he asks, raising his eyebrows.

“Drinks,” Chloe adds.

“Okay."

As soon as he goes off to the popcorn booth, I turn to Parker. “How could you do that?” I demand. “You invited him already and now I have to share my popcorn with him!”

“Why are you acting like it’s a big deal?” he asks bemusedly. “It’s as if there’s something going on.”

When I don’t respond, he repeats, “Is there?”

Chloe gives me a meaningful look.

“Nothing,” I say evasively, shaking my head and dropping the topic.

Parker rolls his eyes and goes to the counter to buy tickets for us.

We sit on the upper part of the theater. There are a lot of people inside. I didn’t expect it, considering it’s a movie with a subtitle. Usually people are lazy when it comes to reading so they tend to disregard foreign movies. I mean, foreign movies with a different language.

Chloe is on the first seat because she says that she’s not comfortable in sitting between people. Parker’s next and then me. Last but not least is Draky. Yeah, he’s sitting beside me. As if I can tell him to choose another seat. Before the movie starts, they play trailers of incoming movies.

“I’ll just go to the rest room,” Draky says, standing up from his seat.

When he’s out of sight, Parker starts to get up as well.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"Rest room," he says, not looking into my eyes.

"Really?" I have a feeling he's going to do something.

"Yes."

"Why don't I believe you?" I wonder aloud, narrowing my eyes.

"You want to come?" he says amusedly.

"Jerk," I mutter, loud enough for him to hear it.