Chapter 7

Chapter 6: Lord Michel's Birthday & The Shocking Truth Revealed!

I woke up to find myself in an unfamiliar room but then I remembered my circumstances and where I was. I'm at grandfather's castle... I thought as a knock came at my door.

"Come in." I said quietly and a maid entered the room.

"Good morning my Lady. I am to assist you with your wardrobe for today and then you have fittings tomorrow because as you know Lord Michel's birthday is in two days which doesn't leave us with very much time so we must work quickly." The maid went over my schedule and helped me prepare for the day. I bathed first, then she curled my long waist-length hair and left it down, then I was put into a thick strapped yellow dress lined with pink and pink shoes with a pink headband. The dress spun out when I twirled and it would move gracefully along with my movements. I wore pink studded earrings and my bangs were pressed so they swept to one side. I wore lip gloss and a gold and pink necklace. The maid admired her work before taking me to the first schedule. Right now I was scheduled to go over everything I know about being a Nobel's granddaughter. Like my etiquette, politics, dancing, ceremonies, instruments, history, and geography. I know all of this stuff but I'm required to prove it. The made took me to a small ballroom where I'd be practicing. I waited there patiently as the maid stood by.

"Alright I am supposed to review everything you should know. Shall we begin Lady Alana?" I still wasn't used to this treatment but I nodded my head slightly.

"Yes, I'm ready." I said calmly. The instructor nodded and began.

"Let's start with etiquette." He said in an authoritative tone. The instructor went over table manners, how to use the right utensils, how I should compose myself, how I should shake someone's hand, bowing, greetings, even how I should hold a cup. I honestly didn't like going over this again but I knew that it would end soon and I looked forward to it. "Very good, milady." The instructor said in a praising tone. "Now will move on to history, politics, and geography." I secretly sighed when the lesson began. When I forgot a couple of the answers the instructor would give me a thorough explanation on each answer. "You are doing very well, Lady Alana."

"Thank you." I said wearing a smile with my eyes closed. I opened my eyes again and we move on to the next part of the lessons.

"Okay the last parts of the lessons are dancing, ceremonies, and instruments." I was quite happy that the lessons were soon ending but that little bit of happiness disappeared when Prince Wilfred's kind face entered my mind. I was unaware of the worried expressions on the servants' faces.

"My lady, are you alright?" I heard the worried voice of the maid that tended to me. I snapped out of my daze and looked up at her with a smile.

"Yes I'm fine. Please do not worry." I smiled at the maid gently and she smiled back. I finished the lessons and was now standing in front of the maid. "Sally what is after this?" I asked her softly.

"Um you have nothing else after this so you may do as you please. Now I must help with the preparations for Lord Michel's birthday party. If you'll excuse me." Sally bowed her head and disappeared through the door. Seeing as there was nothing else for me to do I decide go back to my room.

I walked down the hall with short strides. As I walked through the corridor servants passed by me in a hurry to finish preparations. I opened the door to my room and stepped inside, closing the door behind me. I sat at the window and stared off into space. My mind was enshrouded with images of Prince Wilfred and it only brought forth the sadness within my heart. A few minutes later... Knock! Knock! There was a knock at my door and I gave a vague answer.

"Come in."

The one to enter my room was Zain.

"Lord Michel wishes to you." I nodded at Zain and stood up slowly. I walked over to the door and followed Zain towards the library. Everywhere I looked everything seemed to have a shiny gleam to it. Everything was so clean and well kept that you would think that it's naturally clean. When we reach the door to the library Zain opened the door and bowed. I hesitantly walked into the large room and saw grandfather standing near a bookshelf looking over the books.