Party For One

Thanks to Annie for beta reading this chapter for me. :)

Also, thanks to Ruth and Melissa, for encouraging me to write my stories and also for proof reading. It is greatly needed and appreciated! :) 

This is where is starts to take off, so bear with me for a couple more chapters. Skim over the lyrics if you wish, if not, then just imagine Kota singing to you, alone, with his guitar. Yes you! That's it! Close your eyes.........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tears slowly trickled down Sang's cheek. Oblivious to their presence, Sang continued to stare out of the coffee shop window. The coffee shop door opened and the air shifted. Sang became aware of a familiar smell of sweet spice. It beckoned to her; it's beautiful tendrils reaching towards her, gifting her the fragrance she had come to love.

He was here, she knew he was here. Finally.

She shook her head slightly. No more taking chances. No more meetings with strangers; that is what lead her to where she was now; broken.

"You came."

"So it seems," a small smile from Sang's lips danced.

"I'm only staying for a while," she continued.

"We'll see," that everlasting smirk was present.

"To Jack," someone yelled interrupting the moment.

Glasses were raised in the air as shouts of "Happy Birthday," echoed around them.

The club was alive. Happy faces everywhere.The music pounded and the clubbers danced, loving every beat that bounced from wall to wall, floor to ceiling. A steady bass the anthem for the night. Above the main dance floor was a balcony. In a small dim lit crevice, hidden from sight, a figure sat. Invisible to the revellers, patiently, he watched and waited.

Sang and James talked and laughed continually. Occasionally they danced; Sang always keeping just that little bit of a distance. James, however, didn't seem to notice. Time went quickly as the party continued.

Towards the end of the night a new song began to play. The figure in the shadows leaned slightly forward with interest, into the light.

A realisation struck Sang. Her eyes flew open wide. She looked frantically around the club in vain.

The lyrics were like a dagger to her heart.

Somebody said you got a new friend

Does he love you better than I can?

There's a big black sky over my town

I know where you're at, I bet he's around

Yeah, I know it's stupid

I just gotta see it for myself

I'm in the corner, watching you kiss him, ohh

I'm right over here, why can't you see me, ohh

I'm giving it my all, but I'm not the guy you're taking home, ooo

I keep dancing on my own

I'm just gonna dance all night

I'm all messed up, I'm so out of line