"i hate those bloody things! look at me Hagrid! they burned all my clothes! and my skin!" she raged rushing forward to get a swing at the creatures only for him to hold her back again. his beard scratched the top of her head as he set her down and put a caring hand on her shoulder. Hagrid was always a kind man.

"how about yer go to the hospital wing an' get cleaned up?" he questioned while she tried to avoid his eyes at all costs "hows ders that sound?" he asked softly and she took a peak into his warm eyes and melted all anger dripping away.

"thank you Hagrid" he just nodded with a small smile pushing Ron, Dean, Justin Finch-Fletchley, and susan bones who also had excessive burns.

"i think its safe to say that we failed that assignment" Ronald Weasley grumbled trudging up to the castle side by side with the Malfoy girl.

-

it was now dinner time and Averly sat with her three best friends shoveling potatoes into her mouth. the door burst open and in came Draco Malfoy dramatically swishing around with a sash that read birthday prince in proud silver letters. upon his white hair was a shiny crown.

averly rolled her eyes at her brother and continued stuffing her face with food.

people all around the great hall groaned in annoyance as he bragged about all of the amazing and expensive gifts father and mother spoiled him with this year. Averly, the forgotten twin gripped her spoon a bit too roughly causing it to bend in half. all she could hear was his egotistical boasting on the new broom grandfather bought him. Averly finally looked up too see the entire slytherin table huddled around him like they there were paying respects to their king.

and in the center with a smug grin was the ruler of the snakes staring straight at his sister with bright eyes in pride while hers bore back into his with loathe and envy.

"what a prat" lee snorted tearing a piece of chicken off the bone.

"Averly!" hermione called with wide eyes shoving the twins out of the way so she could sit in front of her. "you didn't tell us it was your birthday!" she exclaimed with bright eyes. Averly merely shrugged spooning scalloped potatoes onto her tongue. The boys looked at the granger girl oddly with confused faces before everything clicked. lee sprouted up knocking over a goblet of pumpkin juice. They had an uncanny habit of forgetting that she was the sister of the slytherin prat.

"its your birthday?!" bits of chicken spewed from his teeth and the Malfoy girl grimaced in disgust while Hermione scolded him on his manners.

the twins looked hurt and she rolled her eyes "its really not a big deal, i havent celebrated my birthday in years" suddenly harry and Ron plopped on either side of her.

"of course its a big deal!" the twins shouted throwing their arms in the air.

"i'm surprised you just now found out, Draco hasn't stomped prancing around like a fool talking about all the presents mummy and daddy got him" she muttered darkly sending a heated glare towards her twin brother who was in a fort of presents. hermione frowned in sympathy and Harry rested a comforting hand on her knee, lee shot an annoyed look at draco.

suddenly fred shot up from the table walking away "whats he doing?" Ron spoke with wide eyes.

george chuckled sending Averly a wink "i know what he's doing but i think ill leave him too it."