Chapter 2 - First day of school

I wake up to the chirping birds outside the window. I totally forgot to set my alarm clock but I went to bed so early I still have plenty of time to get ready. I try to move but I automatically notice that I can't. I look down to see a pair of arms wrapped around me. I already know what's going on the second I notice. I then manage to release my arm from his grasp and swing it back to hit him in the face.

"Oww~" He said nudging his head into my back instead of letting me go.

"Let me go or I'll swing again."

"Sorry I always wake up as a guy so you are gonna have to deal with it cause I refuse to sleep anywhere but the bed." He said finally letting me go.

"You know I expected you to act perkier since you're a neko and all."

"I can act however I want. I'm hungry. Feed me." He says bluntly.

"Tch. Do it yourself. Be grateful that I'm letting you stay here." I retort as I walk to the bathroom.

I start to get ready for school. I brush my teeth, and put on my uniform. Oh wait. Hayate doesn't have a uniform. I walk out and I start to smell something really good.

"Hayate?" I ask walking into the kitchen.

I then notice the small kitchen table has 2 plates both with eggs and bacon on them.

"You're welcome." Hayate says while sitting down.

"Hayate. You need a uniform for school." I say stuffing eggs in my mouth.

"While you were knocked out yesterday I went to get one at the school store." (My school has a school store for buying uniforms at so I'm just thinking about that.)

"I guess I did go to bed pretty early."

"Yeah...it was ridiculous. I still need attention you know. I'm still part cat." He said dropping his ears.

I couldn't help myself. I then reached out and poked his ear. It twitched in response. I then started to feel them for a bit longer. It was weird because he seems like the type to say 'don't touch me' or something like that. But instead he just waited for me to finish touching his ears. 

"Thanks that felt good~" He said as he rested his head on the table sleepily. 

"We gotta go soon come on!" I say pulling his ears.

He then let out a slight growl.

"Geez you kind of act like a dog-"

"Whatever lets go." He said pulling my ears.

"Ow~" I say slapping his hands away. 

He then just smirks.

~Time Skip to School Campus~

As we walk through the front entrance of the campus I already notice several people are staring. So much for making friends. Not like a care. After a few more seconds I feel Hayate grab my hand.

"What are you doing?" I ask blankly.

"There are too many people here. It's freaking me out." He responds in a monotone voice.

After this action I notice some girls glaring at me. I mean, Hayate is pretty cute but I really didn't know some girls could be this hostile. I decide not to let go of his hand because every time a new group of people walked by us he started to grasp my hand tighter. It made me feel bad for him, considering he's worse with people than I am, which I thought was impossible.

I lead him to our new classroom and before I can even let go of his hand he drags me to the back where there are 2 desks laid out together.

"I want you to sit next to me." He says, pulling me down in the chair next to his.