Three Important Things

Finally my parents got home. They looked like they were in a rush. I asked where they were and all they said was that they got a new house far away. My heart felt heavy when I heard the word "far". They then told me that we didn't need to pack anything either, they had everything for us already there. I was confused. I started to ask a question but I was interrupted by my dad. He told me to go to my room and pick three important things to me and that it was all I was taking with me. I asked when we were moving. My mother replied "today". At that moment I felt my heart rip to shreds inside my chest. I ran to my room. I started feeling my cold tears run down my cheeks. Three important things. First I got the watch my girlfriend bought me for our 1 year anniversary. Second, I got a baseball that all my friends signed when it was the last day of baseball season. The last thing I grabbed was the pencil Destiny threw at me. I don't know why but I had a weird feeling that I needed to take it. I then left my room and my parents told me to put on my shoes. They said we had to hurry up and get to the airport. I put on my shoes while thinking of the word far repeatedly.