Chapter 1 - Envy Breeds Hate

Summer's P.O.V-

Soo.. Today was the first day of the 11th grade. Two months ago my father passed away and i'm still devestated. My father had always been telling me to stay away from these streets and to choose my friends wisely. I think i learned my lesson on "friends" . My ex best friend talked mad shit beind my back. Turns out, the bitch was just jealous. She was mad that i always had better stuff than her. If a new pair of J's was out, i had them. Long story short, i pretty much had everything. I heard from her ex boyfriend that she was talking shit, and i know he wouldn't lie to me knowing how close him and i are. Pshh... So what did i do ?? BEAT THAT HOE. She tried to play miss innocent, haha, no. 

Back to my point. If i had listened to my father, that probably wouldn't have happened. I want to leave this place, it is too much for me. So now i have to go to this ratchet ass school again. Two more years, Whew! ... After taking a shower and fixing myself up so i don't look like crap, i was on my way. I was wearing my new Floridians, with high-waisted bleached jeans and a black "POW" crop top, exposing my flat stomach and my shining pink diamond studded belly ring. My hair was up in a neat bun, and i was looking cute. I grabbed my bag, and headed out. 

Walking down Terrance street was horrible. Not only did it make me have flashbacks to my father's death, especially since i walked past the huge blood stain on the concrete, but all the guys were trying to holla. " Hey baby, looking fine as fuck. Lemme give you a ride hunny." one fine ass dark skinned guy yelled out. He did this "thug" walk towards me and threw his arm over my shoulders. " Um.. excuse me" I said, pushing his arm off my shoulder since i was already in a bad mood. He looked back at his homies and yelled " SHE A FIESTY ONE Y'ALL" and they all started laughing as the dark kinned nigga tried to get at me again. "Listen shawty. I see you hard to get,but give homie a chance to know a fine chick like yourself" I turned and looked at him quick enough to say "Listen, I'm not.." And before i could finish my sentence, he was holding the collar of my shirt, causing me to lack in oxygen, and yelling at me. " Get your ass over here. I'm not going to deal with your little attitude, got it?" and all i could do was give a small nod, knowing that  is i said no, he'd probably pull out a gun on me. " Give me a chance shawty, damn. I ain't gon' hurt you" He said to me as if he hadn't already hurt me. 

" Let me go atleast!" I yelled. He let me go and i gave him a stank ass look. "Let me give you a ride to school." he grabbed my arm, pulling me to his orange Dodge Charger. Not resisting at all this time, i climbed in. He pulled off at high speeds and began to talk to me again. " I think you bad as fuck and i ain't mean to hurt you babygirl." "Mhm" " What's your name shawty?" "Summer" " Well damn, I'm Travis." He asked me where i go to school and I just looked at him blankly and said " Just drop me off at 3rd Ave" I then looked at my phone. 10 A.M... I was running late. Great, I almost failed last year for being late a lot. When we got to 3rd Ave, he told me to give him a call after school, and he'll pick me up as soon as possible. He grabbed my phone from my hand and saved his number. "Whatever" I took my phone back, got out and began walking as he sped off.